PDA

View Full Version : Question Involving System Specs

Buckled Up
June 5th, 2007, 11:02 PM
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/184/componentsat2.gif

Would these specs be enough to run Feisty along with Beryl smoothly? Or what would I need to upgrade in order to do so?

Thanks for the help

mips
June 5th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Seems fine. Got any more info on the gfx card, is it a X3100 ?

Buckled Up
June 5th, 2007, 11:10 PM
I really don't know. It's the E1505N Notebook from Dell. That's all the information it has.

loserboy
June 5th, 2007, 11:13 PM
that looks like the dell laptop and it should be fine because now they are selling that same setup with ubuntu pre-installed

oh whoops you knew that

about the video card, people are running beryl with it, you just have to be picky about what effects you use

loserboy
June 5th, 2007, 11:16 PM
I would think about the nvidia upgrade if it's not too hard on the wallet, or maybe a ram upgrade... but of course you would see more from the nvidia.

reacocard
June 6th, 2007, 12:21 AM
It should be fine. I run beryl + lots of other eyecandy on my lowly Pentium M 1.7ghz (single core) and i915 graphics with no problems whatsoever. Everything is very smooth and responsive. Upgrading the graphics to an NVidia card if possible would be a good idea, but everything else should be more than enough. The only gotchas when using beryl on intel cards is the lack of pixel shaders, you can't use blur or water. All other effects should be fine though.

John.Michael.Kane
June 6th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Heres one user who was able to get beryl working on a gma950 http://www.hackszine.com/blog/archive/2007/04/run_beryl_on_intel_integrated.html

starcraft.man
June 6th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Seems fine to me. Personally I'd prefer a larger screen but if your ok with 15 then thats all that matters. As for running Beryl, while I'm pretty sure the intel card is gonna run Beryl... I'd always prefer an Nvidia card, it isn't that costly I don't think.

Oh and one more thing, the DVD burner isn't the latest... newer ones are 16X I believe, and 8X for dual, they usually advertise the single burn speed cuz its faster I could have that wrong though. Just in case burning is your thing, I do plenty.

Have fun with your new computer... I need to get one some time.... almost 6 years now with my reliable ol' p4.

Buckled Up
June 6th, 2007, 12:53 AM
Thanks so much for all of your help!