PDA

View Full Version : Sit down and be counted

philcolbourn
July 5th, 2005, 11:33 AM
I just received my annual reminder from Linux Counter to update my records.

If you are like me, you were probably running debian when you registered with Linux Counter and you should soon update your records.

Oh! You haven't registered! [-X In that case, you might consider registering yourself as a linux user and enter a few details about your fleet.

http://counter.li.org/

When you register you get a registered linux user number - you may have noticed that some folk use it in their email signatures.

The site also has lots of stats that you might find interesting.

Lunde
July 5th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Proud Linux user # 392512, registered wth Ubuntu

WildTangent
July 5th, 2005, 07:39 PM
im ahead of you, i registered last night :P

-Wild

Lunde
July 5th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Check your numbers again ;-)

greenwom
July 6th, 2005, 01:53 AM
I'm in
sweeeeeet!

matthew
July 6th, 2005, 02:00 AM
I just registered.

crashtest
July 6th, 2005, 02:09 AM
My grey hair explains this number...

polo_step
July 6th, 2005, 08:04 AM
But...but...what's the point of that site and participation with it?

I realize that things often don't have a point, but if there is one here I want to make sure I'm not missing it! :?

Lunde
July 6th, 2005, 08:14 AM
But...but...what's the point of that site and participation with it?

I realize that things often don't have a point, but if there is one here I want to make sure I'm not missing it! :?
Keeping track of serious Linux users, what distros, specs, statistics, you are reminded to return and update your information every year. You should read a bit on the information pages.

polo_step
July 6th, 2005, 08:52 AM
You should read a bit on the information pages.
I think I've read the whole site. I still don't get the point except as a quantification exercise, I guess. I suppose that's enough for the people doing it.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on any fabulous prizes, free ****** or a share in lost Nigerian government bank accounts.

Lunde
July 6th, 2005, 09:16 AM
I think I've read the whole site. I still don't get the point except as a quantification exercise, I guess. I suppose that's enough for the people doing it.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on any fabulous prizes, free ****** or a share in lost Nigerian government bank accounts.
There's some rumors out that the next 10 who register can win a free Ubuntu distro :-)

Sye d'Burns
July 6th, 2005, 09:25 AM
There's some rumors out that the next 10 who register can win a free Ubuntu distro :-)
Ooh, ooh.... count me in! :P