PDA

View Full Version : Now THIS is cool!

steveneddy
June 5th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Check out the video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=JR_naKxLEPc).

Polygon
June 5th, 2007, 09:24 PM
somehow i dont think the city that they were in appreciates people throwing dynamite in the water......

and its even more disturbing how they got ahold of it in the first place

mech7
June 5th, 2007, 09:28 PM
somehow i dont think the city that they were in appreciates people throwing dynamite in the water......

and its even more disturbing how they got ahold of it in the first place

Lol you actually bought that video :) Would be cool if it was real though but it's not ;)

steveneddy
June 5th, 2007, 09:39 PM
I think it is real - there were no cutaways from the scene - looked real to me - you tell me how to make five foot waves in a calm water port or river?

v8YKxgHe
June 5th, 2007, 09:51 PM
The art of visual effects =) How do you think they do a lot of things in movies? Also, if this _were_ real, do you not think there would be some news coverage of this .... it would be a pretty big event that the media would love!

FuturePilot
June 5th, 2007, 10:13 PM
There's no way it could have stayed lit underwater for that long of time.

xpod
June 5th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Nearly as "cool" as anacondas coughing hippos up:D

upbeat.linux
June 5th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Nice....Lack of waves. Create your own. Although I wonder what sort of environmental impact dynamite has. Looks like some European country. Not sure whether to rate this as culture jamming or blatant disregard for safety.

mech7
June 5th, 2007, 11:13 PM
I think it is real - there were no cutaways from the scene - looked real to me - you tell me how to make five foot waves in a calm water port or river?

It was discussed on cgtalk i think they even mentioned the studio who did it, i think it was for a commercial / campaign not sure..

steveneddy
June 5th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Next thing you are gonna say is that we didn't walk on the Moon and that Star Wars never happened.

I saw C3-PO at the Virgin Record Store last week and he said it was totally real!

And, and the Matrix. That's why technology only came about in the 20th century and not for the thousands of years before. I mean, we went from horse & buggy to computer controlled everything in less than 100 years? come on!

You just have to believe!

Cool video. Totally real.

:neutral: :-s

bobbybobington
June 5th, 2007, 11:34 PM
I'm surprised that some rednecks didn't think of this first. :-k Please realize most rednecks are proud of the term, and you'd be surprised the crazy things they do for entertainment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_Fried_Home_Videos).

steveneddy
June 6th, 2007, 02:48 AM
I'm surprised that some rednecks didn't think of this first. :-k Please realize most rednecks are proud of the term, and you'd be surprised the crazy things they do for entertainment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_Fried_Home_Videos).

I come from a redneck background and we have done some silly stuff - & this is one of them.

fuscia
June 6th, 2007, 03:56 AM
game warden: friend, or not, if you toss that stick a dynamite in the water, i'm going to arrest you.

friend: (tosses dynamite in game warden's lap) are you gonna fish, or are you gonna just f%^& around?

RAV TUX
June 6th, 2007, 04:01 AM
Check out the video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=JR_naKxLEPc).

Not real,....but if it was it would be highly illegal.

Dynamite fishing is illegal, I am sure this would be too.

Sad thing is how many kids are going to kill themselves copy catting this.

init1
June 6th, 2007, 04:05 AM
I don't think the fuse would stay lit under water, so I guess it is crap. Not to mention dangerous and potentially property damaging. Still looks cool though

RAV TUX
June 6th, 2007, 04:06 AM
I don't think the fuse would stay lit under water, so I guess it is crap. Not to mention dangerous and potentially property damaging. Still looks cool though

Dynamite fishing was done by many so I don't doubt it could happen.

yabbadabbadont
June 6th, 2007, 04:09 AM
Dynamite fishing was done by many so I don't doubt it could happen.

Yep. Just depends upon the type of fuse that is used. When I was a kid, you could still (easily) get cherry bombs. They had fuses that would stay lit under water. Which is mostly how we used them, being the awnry little shits that we were. :twisted:

fuscia
June 6th, 2007, 04:12 AM
i'm not picking bones out of 'boom fish'.

yabbadabbadont
June 6th, 2007, 04:15 AM
i'm not picking bones out of 'boom fish'.

You don't have to. The concussion shatters them into such tiny pieces that you don't need to remove them. ;)

RAV TUX
June 6th, 2007, 04:15 AM
Yep. Just depends upon the type of fuse that is used. When I was a kid, you could still (easily) get cherry bombs. They had fuses that would stay lit under water. Which is mostly how we used them, being the awnry little shits that we were. :twisted:

I remember Cherry bombs, never new they worked under water.

yabbadabbadont
June 6th, 2007, 04:18 AM
I remember Cherry bombs, never new they worked under water.

I weep for all the fun which you missed out on... ;)

BOBSONATOR
June 6th, 2007, 07:26 AM
There are fuses that can be lit underwater, if this is real, its awsome, anyways, its a part of a quicksilver campaign.

v8YKxgHe
June 6th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Next thing you are gonna say is that we didn't walk on the Moon and that Star Wars never happened.

I saw C3-PO at the Virgin Record Store last week and he said it was totally real!

And, and the Matrix. That's why technology only came about in the 20th century and not for the thousands of years before. I mean, we went from horse & buggy to computer controlled everything in less than 100 years? come on!

You just have to believe!

Cool video. Totally real.

:neutral: :-s

lol, man ... it is not real! Visual Effects/Computer graphics is a very powerful field, they can do anything, absolutely anything. Most of what you see in films are fake, not just a little bit, a lot of scenes are just the actors infront of a green/blue screen! The surfer was probably filmed at a beach somewhere and then composited in afterwards.

steven8
June 6th, 2007, 11:12 AM
In junior high (7, 8th grade), a kid put a water proof M80 down a toilet. Made quite a mess.