PDA

View Full Version : Book classics

forrestcupp
June 4th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Does anyone like books by Charles Dickens?

smoker
June 4th, 2007, 11:56 PM
dickens, and thomas hardy, two of my fav classic writers:-)

forrestcupp
June 5th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Well, I hope no one gets mad at me, but this is the true reason I posted this. I used to post on another forum that automatically censored words. Once I posted something about "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens. When I went to read my post, it spelled it "Charles D*ckens." I thought that was kind of humorous. So, I've noticed some censored words here, and just wanted to test it out to see if it did the same thing here. I guess not.

LaRoza
June 5th, 2007, 01:36 PM
"Great Expectations" is one of my favourite stories.

smoker
June 5th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Well, I hope no one gets mad at me, but this is the true reason I posted this. I used to post on another forum that automatically censored words. Once I posted something about "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens. When I went to read my post, it spelled it "Charles D*ckens." I thought that was kind of humorous. So, I've noticed some censored words here, and just wanted to test it out to see if it did the same thing here. I guess not.

Hmm, ok! - i still recommend thomas hardy though:D

"Great Expectations" is one of my favourite stories.

yes, brilliant book:D

Bachstelze
June 5th, 2007, 02:04 PM

Happened to me once when I posted something about the Advanced SubStation subtitling format, which comes in .*** files :p

mrgnash
June 5th, 2007, 02:10 PM
dickens, and thomas hardy, two of my fav classic writers:-)

I love them too, but they're not really 'classic writers', though they have written classics in the sense of works which are part of the Western literary canon.

Anyway, nitpicking :P My favorites are Tess, Great Expectations and Bleak House (check out the wonderful BBC adaptation of this one if you ever have the opportunity).