PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

Smileyman
June 4th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Well hi everyone. first off im not sure if this is in the right forum or not but im gonna throw it in here. After 4 years of debating i finally made space on my HD and finnally installed a linux distro. i chose xubuntu as my distro of choice. Now ive only had it installed for about 12 hours or so and i must say up to this point everything has been pretty easy...the only problems ive had so far were getting my sound blaster to 2 work properly which i figure out thanks to the forums and im have one other issue finding my music on my windows partition of my hard drive while using rythymbox. ill probably attack this issue when i get home from work tonight. anywho jsut stopping by to introduce myself and say hi as well as share my initial experiance with this very easy to use linux distro (so far its been pretty easy for a n00b like me) :). well ill hopefully be around the forum more and more often. and i tahnk everyone for their help in advance cause god knows im gonna need it...lol

DougieFresh4U
June 4th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Hello and welcome to the Ububntu/Xubuntu community.
I'm quite sure you will find some one here to help you with your sound blaster and music issue.
Be patient & some one will rescue :p

Smileyman
June 4th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Well i figured out the sb issue right now im gonna try and conquer this resolution issue before i go to work...see if i cant fix it before i go...if not ill jsut tackle it when i get home. thanks for the enthusiasm the forums have already been a great deal of help.

Gargamella
June 4th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Hi Smileyman, I think you have a very good approach to Linux if you always have been a windows user: you had a problem, and you already shared it with the community throught the forums.
I was very angry when having hardware problems years ago, then I learned to solve problem gradually with forums support, till becoming an ubuntu addicted ;D

I like your behaviour,

I think you will be fine here ;D

Andrea

P.S. It took me about a year to know which were my favourites appz, but trying them all it's amazing ;D check them out!

matigol
June 4th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Welcome...

You will see, it's not so difficult..

:o

starcraft.man
June 4th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Hey there, always happy to see a fresh face around.

Have fun with Ubuntu and never be shy to post, there are no stupid questions :).

jgrabham
June 4th, 2007, 08:48 PM
here are no stupid questions :).

Well, when I cant get hold of a computer there are no stupid questions!