PDA

View Full Version : im bored

silent1643
June 4th, 2007, 03:03 PM
ever since i got rid of windows and installed ubuntu i find myself getting bored with my computer.. there are no programs to download and crack, no update subscriptions to disable, & no programs to close down once the computer loads. :)

my only fuss with ubuntu is that my daughters games want run on it
my wife is way to attached to windows
and my ati 850x card doesn't allow desktop effects.. but other than that it was worthy it obviously :D

Outrunner
June 4th, 2007, 03:12 PM
The first paragraph is true for me as well. So boring without cracking software ;)

Eddie Wilson
June 4th, 2007, 03:13 PM
My wife was also very much attached to windows until I was able to load and run her Print Artist and her Hoyle games. Now she is happy as a lark. I also keep a 10 gig part. so I can play with different distros without messing up our Ubuntu and that keeps me from getting bored.
Eddie

QwUo173Hy
June 4th, 2007, 03:17 PM
I ran linux for about 5 years without a good graphics card and had no 3D. So I was looking for games that would be good but didn't need 3D.

Show your daughter Frozen Bubble, Enigma and Tower Toppler. Also, maybe put an emulator on it( Amiga, MAME, Sega .. ) I had loads of fun and now I have a 3D card and I only use it for desktop effects:)

As for your wife.. maybe stop providing windows support for her and see how long she lasts:D

silent1643
June 4th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Show your daughter Frozen Bubble, Enigma and Tower Toppler. Also, maybe put an emulator on it( Amiga, MAME, Sega .. ) I had loads of fun and now I have a 3D card and I only use it for desktop effects:)

As for your wife.. maybe stop providing windows support for her and see how long she lasts:D

haha, great suggestions.. i will look into the games tonight.. my daughter is already glued to the ds and wii why can't she leave my *cough* computer alone hehe

slimdog360
June 4th, 2007, 03:37 PM
games are good, particularly in this form
http://www.scummvm.org/

silent1643
June 4th, 2007, 03:59 PM
games are good, particularly in this form
http://www.scummvm.org/

interesting site, love the old game Full Throttle woot