PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry, what server was that now?

jgrabham
June 3rd, 2007, 10:32 PM
http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/?host=www.linuxsucks.org

ROTFL!!

They use UNIX!!!!!

Those MS hypocrites!

UbuntuniX
June 3rd, 2007, 10:36 PM
Well yeah, what good is Windows for a server?

jgrabham
June 3rd, 2007, 10:45 PM
Well yeah, what good is Windows for a server?

I really do need that umberella for my parade!

v8YKxgHe
June 4th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Man ... is that site real, or is it all a joke? I mean take a look at these quotes:

Thus, any good operating system should try to outsmart me by restricting my options at every turn. Linux, like all versions of Unix, is lousy at restricting my options because at the command line virtually any operation can be performed with ease. (For example, 'rm -rf /win' could delete an entire mounted directory, with no popup window warnings whatsoever.)

There is no such useful rebooting in a Linux system. It is as reliable as the sunrise, with uptimes in weeks and months. Virtually no configuration change requires a reboot, to boot. Imagine all that plaque in the computer. Gross!

Nothing makes sense on that site, you read something and you think 'this is a joke', then you read something else and go 'hang on ... I think their serious!' O_o

zugu
June 4th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Linux is *not* UNIX. In other news, ubuntuforums.org is using VBulletin, Launchpad is proprietary and Debian includes non-free software.

Criticize the site for its content, if you feel like bashing them, not because it's running on UNIX.