View Full Version : More MS ignorance

UbuntuniX
June 3rd, 2007, 03:26 PM
http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/5929/mrs06245swit336x280defzn6.gif

Rofl. :D

Adamant1988
June 3rd, 2007, 03:29 PM
I don't get the point of this thread...

Companies ARE switching to Windows Server.. they just neglect to tell you how many, or which ones.

starcraft.man
June 3rd, 2007, 03:34 PM
Agreed, just because some companies are doing it doesn't mean its the best choice. Maybe MS is giving them incentives for switching, cutting em deals or they have a particular reason why its a better choice.

Anyway, I just use desktop not server, so not my problem >.>.

Was this linking to "Get the Facts" btw?

Adamant1988
June 3rd, 2007, 03:36 PM
Agreed, just because some companies are doing it doesn't mean its the best choice. Maybe MS is giving them incentives for switching, cutting em deals or they have a particular reason why its a better choice.

Anyway, I just use desktop not server, so not my problem >.>.

Was this linking to "Get the Facts" btw?

If I recall correctly, these ads do link to the "Get the Facts" page. That's such an interesting campaign, lol.

UbuntuniX
June 3rd, 2007, 04:46 PM
Clearly, MS has a problem with open source, and isn't hiding it now.
Also there is the "Linux is dead" statement, made by a MS representative...

Adamant1988
June 3rd, 2007, 04:49 PM
Clearly, MS has a problem with open source, and isn't hiding it now.
Also there is the "Linux is dead" statement, made by a MS representative...

Or, maybe, just maybe, Microsoft is COMPETING with Linux now. I know, it's hard to figure that Microsoft is competing in anything, but that's what they're doing. I think it's absolutely hilarious that people shout and scream when Microsoft makes any FUD public, but they'll rant, rave, and rally behind any Open Source advocate spewing FUD about Microsoft.

Some people..

jgrabham
June 3rd, 2007, 04:52 PM
Or, maybe, just maybe, Microsoft is COMPETING with Linux now. I know, it's hard to figure that Microsoft is competing in anything, but that's what they're doing. I think it's absolutely hilarious that people shout and scream when Microsoft makes any FUD public, but they'll rant, rave, and rally behind any Open Source advocate spewing FUD about Microsoft.

Some people..

Thanks MS, publicize away! Now they're just telling people that there is an alternative!

(In a andy pipkin voice) What a pilock

Adamant1988
June 3rd, 2007, 04:56 PM
Thanks MS, publicize away! Now they're just telling people that there is an alternative!

(In a andy pipkin voice) What a pilock

You'll notice those advertisements are about Servers. Linux has been a well known server alternative for quite some time now, they're not really volunteering any new information.

jgrabham
June 3rd, 2007, 04:58 PM
You'll notice those advertisements are about Servers. Linux has been a well known server alternative for quite some time now, they're not really volunteering any new information.

Can I have an umbrella for my parade please?

blastus
June 3rd, 2007, 05:31 PM
All big companies are run by capitalist pigs who gorge themselves at the social troff and bask in their juicy fatness. It's just that the pigs who run Microsoft stand out because they are so fat and open source software is having a little BBQ. :)

a12ctic
June 3rd, 2007, 05:36 PM
Maybe some are swiching, but more are going towards the oposite solution. While some companies decide windows is a better server platform about 100 more (per company that swiches to windows) are deciding linux is the better solution.