PDA

View Full Version : How about a gimp e-zine

slimdog360
June 3rd, 2007, 07:52 AM
Tell me if I'm wrong but how about a e-zine released every 2-4 weeks containing tutorials, maybe a user contest or two, news related to gimp and all that sort of stuff. It wouldn't have to be 450000 pages long but maybe just 3 or 4 for starters.

We could have it divided up into a few sections, beginners, more advanced users, programming guide to writing scripts for gimp. It would be more related to photography but it could still contain stuff for those who prefer drawing etc. Maybe even a hardware guide, which shows people how to set up tablets and the like.

I know this post is sort of all over the place but I was still thinking about it as I wrote.

So how about it, would anyone be interested? I would imagine that it would be open to anyone to submit their work, such as tutorials, photographs, written articles and the other stuff that I said.

edit: and of course each edition would contain something for people migrating over from photoshop. This would require someone who knows photoshop and gimp reasonably well, to do a tutorial (say once a month) which shows how to do something from photoshop equivalently in gimp.

kenthomson799
June 3rd, 2007, 08:32 AM
I would certainly be interested in learning gimp. I have been putting it off since ages. Being profecient with Photoshop i tried to muck around with Gimp but it simply proved too ill-designed for me to take it anymore. Anyways i have not given up hope and know it is simply intimidating to the new user (are all GPL-ed things purposefully designed in such a way?, talk about Linux, uh!), but has got good features underneath. I am all for "GIMP tutorials for the Photoshop convert". One vote for it! Who's going to write it?

slimdog360
June 3rd, 2007, 09:04 AM
Who's going to write it?
Id think the gimp community would all chip in and write various parts and a few lead people could act as the editors putting it all together. Like I said, 3 or 4 pages (maybe a couple more given what would be in it) once a month. It wouldn't be all that hard to do Id imagine.