PDA

View Full Version : i installed ubuntu with wubi

ReaLitaliano
June 3rd, 2007, 03:26 AM
everything was working fine just a bit slow to boot but was working.i then wanted to use windows xp so i restarted it the right way. it then got stuck with a black screen that says strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility.how would i fix this with out formating cuz i have files on my windows that i need?

MikeM709
June 3rd, 2007, 05:08 AM
make sure that you do not have any CDs in your cd drive. This happened to me when I tried to live boot a cd so I just hit F2, the Esc. and then Save changes when it prompts me to. It immediately loads to whatever I was trying to boot. Not sure if this will work, but give it a try.

ReaLitaliano
June 3rd, 2007, 05:24 AM
when do i hit Esc and F2?

MikeM709
June 3rd, 2007, 05:43 AM
When it prompts you to hit F2, do so then. It will then take you into what is known as the BIOS, which is basically the most basic instructions for your motherboard to run properly. Once that screen comes up, just hit Esc. and it should prompt you to save any changes you have made, and just select yes or save because you never actually made any changes.

this usually works for me. Also, please include your computer's manufacturer if you have one, unless you built the rig your self. Also, please report any other text on the screen at the time this happens.

ReaLitaliano
June 3rd, 2007, 06:19 AM
ok i dont get the message 2 hit F2 anymore. now it says error on trying to load operating system.

Dell dimension 2400
80 gig hhd
2.4ghz