PDA

View Full Version : email clients

rgp-02
June 3rd, 2007, 02:13 AM
how about these email clients, such as evolution, thunderbird etc. is anyone actually able to use these?
or are they just some more defective garbage?

yabbadabbadont
June 3rd, 2007, 02:16 AM
Yes, each of them (and many more) are used by thousands of people all over the world every day... please stop trolling.

aysiu
June 3rd, 2007, 02:20 AM
What's so "defective" about them?

I use Thunderbird and love it! I use Thunderbird in both Windows (at work) and Ubuntu (at home).

rgp-02
June 3rd, 2007, 02:21 AM
name one

what do we mean by "trolling'?

aysiu
June 3rd, 2007, 02:24 AM
name one

what do we mean by "trolling'?
We mean deliberately attacking the software people use in order to provoke a reaction... instead of asking an open-ended question that could get a variety of quality responses, or asking a specific question that will help you fix whatever problems you're experiencing with Evolution and Thunderbird or find an email client that works for you.

prizrak
June 3rd, 2007, 03:36 AM
I've used Thunderbird for years. I can't use Evolution with Gmail because it lacks couple of options that need to be set (at least I couldn't find them). They are both OK e-mail clients, Evolution is alot like Outlook that many people use daily (including me at work) and Thunderbird is a great lightweight client with multiprotocol support. I have switched to using just the Gmail web interface though because it makes it easier accessing my e-mail from multiple machines. Also with Gmail checker programs it's very easy to stay on top of your messages.