PDA

View Full Version : No RAID Disks

sba99jpd
June 2nd, 2007, 10:40 PM
I'm now getting the message "no raid disks" and the installation stops. Any clues as to what to do?

Cheers!

ago
June 2nd, 2007, 11:02 PM
This sometimes happens when you hard boot and the system.vitrual.drive gets corrupted. If you let it run for 5-10 minutes you should get a shell prompt, type

more /tmp/zenigata.log

sba99jpd
June 3rd, 2007, 01:34 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the help so far, but this happens each time I try to boot up; I tried "more /tmp/zeigata.log" and there was some activity, but still no ubuntu.

Can you help further?

The Digital Pioneer
June 3rd, 2007, 03:07 PM
I'm having this problem too. I haven't tried the "more" command, because running more on a logfile won't fix any problems, it'll just read the logfile. I'm sure you know what you're doing, and the contents of that logfile will be useful, but I haven't gotten around to rebooting yet, so do you have any other info? :)

dstaudt
June 3rd, 2007, 05:15 PM
I had this problem as well. Inspecting /tmp/zenigata.log, it appears to be complaining that the disk was hibernated and could not be mounted. While I have hibernation enabled and use it frequently, in this case proper shutdown had definitely been performed before the Wubi startup.

It appears that the mounter is improperly detecting a hibernation state..?

In any case, I disabled hibernation in the XP power control panel (and confirmed hiberfil.sys was removed) and everything worked after that. I'm posting from Ubuntu now :)

The Digital Pioneer
June 3rd, 2007, 06:45 PM
Bah! No excuse for that. How do I disable hibernation checking? I have hibernation enabled, however I did not hibernate to switch to Linux (although that should be implemented ASAP, IMHO) There has to be another workaround for this. My laptop is practically dependent on hibernation. A straight reboot takes ******* for EVER!!