PDA

View Full Version : Rhode Island anyone?

Dayylin
June 2nd, 2007, 09:45 PM
Hi all,

Lived in Newport and Middletown, anyone else in the area? If so, how about we start a team there?

Cheers,

Brian aka Dayylin

gnp421
June 26th, 2007, 01:45 AM
I'm currently going to college in Rhode Island. I'm from connecticut but staying here. I'm up for a Rhode Island team.

Dragonbite
June 26th, 2007, 05:38 PM
I'm currently going to college in Rhode Island. I'm from connecticut but staying here. I'm up for a Rhode Island team.We also have a Connecticut Team that's getting started.

There is a wiki page on how to get started (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamHowto) which is a great jumping-off point.

sparks0548
August 7th, 2007, 06:38 AM
I'm down for a Rhode Island team. Would be nice if we could find a few more Rhode Islanders to join up, I know they're out there. I have friends I can refer too.

If we can get any other's interested we should run with it.

I found this other site too about New Englad.

https://launchpad.net/~nuubuntuteam

I am currently out of country, my avatar should point to where I am...LOL.
My coding is weak given my current occupation, but I can get back into the swing of things..

I think it should be done and help little rhody get on the Ubuntu map.

:guitar:

edizkan
August 7th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Here is one from Little Rhody...
I live in Providence...

sparks0548
August 8th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Awesome let's do it. I'd like to get one going in Rhody if we could. Do some installfests and promotions in Providence and community centers and what not. I am thinking promoting the group in the Providence Phoenix would be a good idea.

a1a23linux
August 11th, 2007, 03:35 AM
i live in providence.

sparks0548
August 11th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Well if we can get some folks together and start splitting up som tasks we could get the team off the ground. I've already been in contact with some of the folks that run the approval process for teams.

I'm game and unfortunately i cannot get on IRC where I am at right now. Websites, forums, and email that's about it. I'd like to help and if someone wantst to be the Team Lead we can start making this happen.

Six_Digits
October 28th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Dayylin, same here! Born in Newport, moved to Middletown, then Portsmouth. Aquidneck Island... How old are you?

seps1816
May 7th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Hey im from seekonk ma which is like right on the line with rhode island i was wondering if i could join team rhody

sparks0548
May 10th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Sure thing. We have been working to get the team off the ground. We could use your help.

seps1816
May 13th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Ya count me in. I been messin around with ubuntu and linux for about a year and for the last six months i pretty much switched all my computers to ubuntu. I wouldnt say im a noob but still learning alot. I also into pc repairs and stuff like that So any thing i can do to help

nkri
September 12th, 2008, 03:42 AM
Yep, I'm in Warwick, and would love to start a team, if we can:)