PDA

View Full Version : Just to say thanks!

deusdies
June 2nd, 2007, 01:18 PM
Hello my dear Ubuntuers!

I had Ubuntu version 6 and I had some problems during installation (my disk couldn't be partitioned), but yesterday I got my 7.04 version in my mailbox.

I'll never use Windows again.

Ubuntu is PERFECT!!! It is SO MUCH CLEAN FOR EYES, GUI DESIGN IS PERFECT!!! I had no troubles accessing my files on other, NTFS type disks! Just to find a good emulator for .EXE applications, and, FAREWELL MY WINDOWS!!!

I am still new to this. How many times do I have to say UBUNTU IS PERFECT???

Thank you very much developers. Thank you people supporting this OS. Thanks everyone

Sincerely yours
-Deusdies
http://www.rammstein-online.com

happy-and-lost
June 2nd, 2007, 02:42 PM
:D Glad to hear it. For your .EXE files, there's a program called wine which runs most simple ones OK, and some games too.

It's in the repos (can't remember which) sudo apt-get install wine

Don't forget to run winecfg in the terminal after you install it.

Roadrunner777
June 3rd, 2007, 12:17 AM
I suppose this is as good a place as any to add my personal thank you for the people that take time to help others in the forums.

Earlier today, I decided to add nvidia-settings to my system through Synaptic. The installation told me it would have to remove nvidia-glx. And, I'm thinking, sure, whatever, Synaptic would tell me if this was a bad thing to do.

I rebooted later in the day and got nothing but a big fat error message. I got on to the forums with another hard drive (my imaged backup) and found out exactly how to get to a recovery prompt, and how to fix xorg.conf. Took me about 30 minutes. Nice.

The main reason why I chose Ubuntu and continue with it is because of this community of helpful people.

I Thank You.

- Phil

AndyCooll
June 3rd, 2007, 12:32 AM
On behalf of all Ubuntu Forums folk, thanks. It's always pleasing to recieve compliments.

:cool:

ep2011
June 3rd, 2007, 02:00 AM
Also, on the .exe part.

If you decide to use Wine, I would use their repos. http://www.winehq.org/site/download-deb for more info. This is so you get the newest version, which will insure better compatibility.

Hendrixski
June 3rd, 2007, 02:04 AM
Thanks for thanking us. You TOO can be a developer, even if you don't write code, you can either help translate stuff, or help write documentation, or draw up some artwork, etc. Every little bit helps make Ubuntu better and better.