PDA

View Full Version : Problem in Flyff

Lightmaster
June 2nd, 2007, 09:41 AM
Greetings fellow members, since this is my very first post, i would like to salute you all!
I'm a pretty new member in this Linux project, more exactly, i installed Ubuntu 7.04 a week ago.
I have a problem when i try to run Fly for fun, wich is a mmorpg.It gives me a direct x sound bug.I hit enter, the nGuard protect sistem from the game logs in, and all i get is a white screen.Could someone help me?

hikaricore
June 2nd, 2007, 09:54 AM
Not to bring you down, but Flyff will probably not run under linux using WINE (Cedega and Crossover are also WINE so I will not mention them aside from this) for quite some time.

It seems every attempt by a community member has failed as far as running the game goes:
http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iAppId=3253

To the best of my knowledge (anyone correct me if I'm wrong) your attempts to run Flyff will also fail.

WINE is always changing and more software is able to run with every release, but some things are just beyond it's limits at this time.

Good luck,

--Aaron

hikaricore
June 2nd, 2007, 09:58 AM
There are I might add, many other MMOs that run natively:

http://doc.gwos.org/index.php/Native_Games
http://doc.gwos.org/index.php/MMORPG_Games

Some free, and some commercial games.

And a select few commercial MMOs released for windows will run under WINE such as World of Warcrack & Guild Wars.

init1
September 2nd, 2007, 04:32 AM
Greetings fellow members, since this is my very first post, i would like to salute you all!
I'm a pretty new member in this Linux project, more exactly, i installed Ubuntu 7.04 a week ago.
I have a problem when i try to run Fly for fun, wich is a mmorpg.It gives me a direct x sound bug.I hit enter, the nGuard protect sistem from the game logs in, and all i get is a white screen.Could someone help me?
The exact same thing happened to me when I tried to run it.

hikaricore
September 2nd, 2007, 06:15 AM
init1 please refain from making useless posts in dead threads in the future.

manatax
December 5th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Well.... if you really want to know... it is possible, but you need some hell of a RAM... 1G minimum

To make it run, i used:
VirtualBox
Drivers for the video card
Directx 9.0
Directx sdk

Carrrl
December 24th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Why video drivers? Everything is handled by the virtual card, right?

I failed to get it running, perhaps because I could not install the graphics card drivers. The program told me to get the directX sdk which I did (9.a or something like that), but it still didn't work after that.

I tried to run it on gutsy, with windows 2000

eto_ako
December 24th, 2007, 03:04 PM
I read that the main problem in running mmorpg with inca game guard is the game guard itself. Even on vista, gameguard is not running smoothly due to some security issues.

dragonhunter
February 11th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Well.... if you really want to know... it is possible, but you need some hell of a RAM... 1G minimum

To make it run, i used:
VirtualBox
Drivers for the video card
Directx 9.0
Directx sdk

How can we do that? I mean run a game with Nguard

manatax
October 31st, 2008, 08:29 PM
How can we do that? I mean run a game with Nguard

You basically do what I did... It should work...

The SDK is a must in this method...

Saramon
December 19th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Sorry to be posting on a dead thread, but I have ran into a problem with this.

I have installed VirtualBox, Guest additions, and the DirectX sdk. I am able to load Flyff, however when gamegaurd tries to authenticate it will freeze my virtual machine. To mention, it is running Windows Vista, and I have attempted reinstalling the game itself, minus user account control. Any help is greatly appreciated, really want to get started playing again, and I feel I am pretty close.

Sharp1331
November 26th, 2009, 01:47 AM
Go on youtube and search "Flyff on linux" there's a video where somebody opens flyff on linuxi cant see the program name and also its not in english. if anyone can tell me the name of the program i'd appreciate it

Echito
August 2nd, 2010, 10:06 AM
Hey, im new here, i was just wondering how to get the directX sdk, i never heard of it and im pretty new to ubuntu, where do i find it?