PDA

View Full Version : Installing Linux to a USB flashdrive from XP without programming

Dark-Ace
June 2nd, 2007, 01:27 AM
Is there any way that i can install Linux onto my usb flashdrive without programming and from xp,without me having to do alot because i ain't a programmer yet,i may be one day but as of now i wanna get Ubuntu or Puppy linux or some other linux that takes 60 mb or 1 gig without doing much.

smoker
June 2nd, 2007, 02:17 AM
hi, run the puppy linux cd from boot, and you can install puppy to usb easily with it's own built in installer. you can have it done in about 5 minutes,:-)

Dark-Ace
June 2nd, 2007, 06:46 AM
Can i get a link to this puppy linux and when you say its own installer,like an installer for a flashdrive + will i have to do something to my comp to boot from USB cause i don't wanna mess with Bios or anything else.

wYlas
October 25th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Yes you will have to mess with bios but thats , like, the easyest thing to do on a computer just press F(Number that it shows next to words setup) and go to the part called boot and put usb and cd at top (putting harddrive at bottom is best) vwala save settings and ur done (u might wnt to prnt this pg out) :):guitar::popcorn::KS p.s for other distros on usb might try pendrivelinux.comhttp://www.pendrivelinux.com

CarpKing
October 25th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Yes you will have to mess with bios but thats , like, the easyest thing to do on a computer just press F(Number that it shows next to words setup) and go to the part called boot and put usb and cd at top (putting harddrive at bottom is best)

You might not even have to do that. With mine I just press F8 at the first screen that shows up when I'm booting and I can select what I want to boot from. That way I can leave a LiveCD in the drive and still boot normally if I want to.