PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu VS Vista, I think this is a pretty fair comaprison...

RudolfMDLT
June 1st, 2007, 09:22 PM
Hi there,

I found an article - it's not that new so some of you might have read it - comparing Vista to Ubuntu. The guy wasn't very opinionated and I believe he gave both OS's a pretty good chance. I haven't found a lot of comparisons that I considered gave either OS a fair chance or a fair review and I thought this was a pretty good one.

The article isn't very technical so give it a skip if you are up for an education but I think it's an interesting read and if you are in the process of trying to get someone to try Ubuntu this might be a good place to have them go and have an Independent read. Also, if like myself, you want to know what you are missing in Vista, it seems like we're not missing a lot: :)

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=199201179&pgno=1&queryText=

H.E. Pennypacker
June 1st, 2007, 09:43 PM
It's been posted, but it's quite old, and is somewhere in this forum. Thanks for posting it, though.

ajeffreys
June 1st, 2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks for posting, I had never seen that before and it proved to be interesting :)

RudolfMDLT
June 2nd, 2007, 07:08 AM
It's been posted, but it's quite old, and is somewhere in this forum. Thanks for posting it, though.

I thought it might have - but I've never seen so I thought I'd share. :)