PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Stickers and Posters: BUDGET PUBLISHED

Jenda
June 1st, 2007, 12:55 PM
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingTeam/DIYWebsite/Get/PriceListJenda#head-2df923238ecc82d4acc1197f4eacfcf28d26e413

Dear forumlings!

Many of you have entrusted me some of thine precious moneys in exchange for Ubuntu swag. The profits will be used as promised - and that is mainly to continue producing more and more swag. The above link will lead you to the budget of the project as it happened so far.

Some interesting statistics not included in the budget:

Stickers:
Around 7500 Ubuntu case badges have reached end users and are hopefully now proudly marking Ubuntu-empowered machines - about a thousand is still waiting for you here.
Around 2500-3000 Kubuntu, 1100 Xubuntu and almost 300 Edubuntu badges met the same fate.
In addition to that, tens of large logo stickers and white rectangular banner stickers have reached their owners as well.
The average price paid for a sticker is 11-12 US cents, and the average shipping expense is about 1.5 cents. Shipping has amounted to 11% of the price of my first sticker batch and 14% of the second (you can feel that the postal services got more expensive this January :D

Posters:
578 small posters are very likely hanging in people's rooms, offices or shops - hopefully some made it to libraries and schools as well.
167 large posters (A2) made it as well.

The average price people paid for posters is $1.27 or $2.35 respectively, while shipping for the small posters was 44 cents apiece, the shipping for the large ones was a whopping $1.75 - which made it 35% of the price on A3s, but 74% on A2s - this is likely because people tended not to buy large quantities of A2s.

JC_510
June 1st, 2007, 01:49 PM
:D Good stuff Jenda! I'll be sure to add to the menagerie of stickers being sent out as soon as I buy my laptop (the first thing I will do with it shall be to put in the Ubuntu CD into the disk drive, and install, sorry, the sticker gets second priority :D)