PDA

View Full Version : I love you, Ubuntu.

Feba
June 1st, 2007, 12:36 AM
Oh, Ubuntu, I've loved you from the moment I first laid eyes on you. When I finally got a chance to see what you were like, I was amazed. You've always been good to me, I've had tons of fun with you, but that's not why I'm writing this. No, I haven't been totally faithful. I'm sure you know, I haven't been hiding it, but I still feel the need to come clean.

Well, Ubuntu, it's been going on almost as long as I've known you. It started off fairly innocently, fooling around with DSL and Gentoo. It was never serious, I was just curious. Then I decided to experiment with your little sister, Kubuntu, I don't think I was crossing the line there, you happily took me back just as quickly.

Now, though, I've started cheating on you with my old flame XP... and right on VirtualBox, in plain view for you! I know it pains you, your demeanor has become much more sluggish. You seem to lose your spark, whenever I see her. I'm sorry Ubuntu, I'm not just a user, I'm a gamer! I have wants and needs and desires! And right now, you just aren't meeting them!

Don't get me wrong, I love you more than her. She's a bitch. Since I've gone back to her, I've had to hunt down drivers, prove I actually am me, hell, the easiest part was breaking my back to get to her key! I know you'd never make me do that. I just have to start you and go, and you're there with that warm, brown, motherly color you always have.

I hate to hurt you like this. I'm sure, one day, you'll be able to play even more games with me than she can. And when that day comes, I'll happily leave her in the trash. I always will love you, I've loved you when you were Edgy, I love how you're Feisty now, and this Christmas, I will love how Gutsy you will be.

I'm sorry,
--Feba

P.S. You still up for Nexuiz tonight, hon?

starcraft.man
June 1st, 2007, 12:54 AM
*wonders how long it will take before he starts talking to Ubuntu as well....*

Lucifiel
June 1st, 2007, 01:30 AM
... ...
Wow, talk about hardcore. O_o;; :p

yabbadabbadont
June 1st, 2007, 01:37 AM
I imagine that Ubuntu's lawyer's will be presenting a restraining order to him at some point... :D

BarfBag
June 1st, 2007, 01:40 AM
Wow.

Extreme Coder
June 1st, 2007, 02:22 AM
You're not actually going to leave, are you? :P

FuturePilot
June 1st, 2007, 02:27 AM
I imagine that Ubuntu's lawyer's will be presenting a restraining order to him at some point... :D

:lolflag:
I wouldn't necessarily call Kubuntu "little":p
Wow. I'm speechless....

lazyart
June 1st, 2007, 02:46 AM
too many hits from the open source pipe if you ask me.

matthinckley
June 1st, 2007, 02:49 AM
That was an um, interesting read?

Channic
June 1st, 2007, 02:59 AM
"Girl I'm sorry, but I'm leaving you. We're both at fault, we're both to blame. It wasn't the other guys cause there were other women" - this reminded me of this song for some reason

Seriously . . . are some people not embrassed by writing weird stuff like this on the internet? Haha . . . no offense . . . i just wouldn't see myself doing something like this.

Cyvros
June 1st, 2007, 03:16 AM
Now, though, I've started cheating on you with my old flame XP... and right on VirtualBox, in plain view for you! I know it pains you, your demeanor has become much more sluggish. You seem to lose your spark, whenever I see her. I'm sorry Ubuntu, I'm not just a user, I'm a gamer! I have wants and needs and desires! And right now, you just aren't meeting them!

Don't get me wrong, I love you more than her. She's a bitch. Since I've gone back to her, I've had to hunt down drivers, prove I actually am me, hell, the easiest part was breaking my back to get to her key! I know you'd never make me do that. I just have to start you and go, and you're there with that warm, brown, motherly color you always have.

Wow. You have some serious problems. You can call the 'Free Relationship Hotline' on 1800 282 688... that's 1800 UBUNTU!

If needs are really serious, I suggest, rather than breaking it off with your two loves, you can try dual-booting two separate lives.

starcraft.man
June 1st, 2007, 03:20 AM
Wow. You have some serious problems. You can call the 'Free Relationship Hotline' on 1800 282 688... that's 1800 UBUNTU!

This coming from you? Mr. Ctrl alt del fanatic :p

Cyvros
June 1st, 2007, 03:22 AM
This coming from you? Mr. Ctrl alt del fanatic :p

Hey, I'm not a fanatic.

Just an overly-obsessed fan. :P

Feba
June 1st, 2007, 06:16 AM
*wonders how long it will take before he starts talking to Ubuntu as well....*

Don't worry, i'm sure he only talks like that because he is insane.

Clay_Banger
June 1st, 2007, 06:26 AM
If needs are really serious, I suggest, rather than breaking it off with your two loves, you can try dual-booting two separate lives.
lol, very well said.

Spr0k3t
June 1st, 2007, 06:39 AM
Wow... Rock on Feba. I'm sure you'll be dual booting for the time. As we all know, sanity is highly overrated.

ArtificialSynapse
June 1st, 2007, 06:58 AM
jesus-christ.

Other things really do exist outside your computer you know. . . ?

Like real things, physical things....

and dual booting is stupid, what doesn't run?

Celegorm
June 1st, 2007, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the laugh ;)

Feba
June 1st, 2007, 08:37 AM
dual booting is stupidtell that to 99% of games made, and I thought I made it rather clear I'm using a virtual box.

Thanks for the laugh
Thanks for realizing this is humour.

Cyvros
June 1st, 2007, 08:52 AM
tell that to 99% of games made, and I thought I made it rather clear I'm using a virtual box.

Don't forget about music notation programs - one of the biggest barriers for me switching to Linux full time. <_<

matthinckley
June 1st, 2007, 07:05 PM
You can only imagine how upset MS-DOS was when I switched..