PDA

View Full Version : Should k/X/ubuntu have the same theme?

mangar
May 31st, 2007, 10:33 AM
Do you think that Ububtu / Kubutu / xubuntu should have the same theme?
(regardless of which one you prefer).

stimpack
May 31st, 2007, 11:05 AM
No because I use Kubuntu and don't like brown :). I don't place much strength behind my opinion though because it takes what a couple of seconds to change? :)

jrusso2
May 31st, 2007, 11:15 AM
Just because you all get that ugly brown theme in gnome does not mean us KDE users should have to suffer also.

mangar
May 31st, 2007, 11:18 AM
the unified theme will not necessarily be Human. it can be platik or lipstik, or whatever kubuntu uses.

Sluipvoet
May 31st, 2007, 11:56 AM
As long is I can keep my beautiful brown desktop, I don't care.

gruvsyco
May 31st, 2007, 09:30 PM
I'd love to see unified theming. I use QtCurve for that exact reason. I say, unified themes with different color schemes. From there, leave it up to the user if they wish to focus solely on gnome themes, kde themes or xfce themes. But, out of the I think Ubuntu would do well to present a coherent "one desktop".

It would be great if there was a theming package of some sort that would write out icon, font, cursor and color data to the respective .rc files. I know Kcontrol can do this under KDE but, I'm thinking in terms of something more neutral.

bruce89
May 31st, 2007, 09:35 PM
the unified theme will not necessarily be Human. it can be platik or lipstik, or whatever kubuntu uses.

No because I use Ubuntu and don't like blue.

Kvark
May 31st, 2007, 10:12 PM
It would be awesome to have default Qt, GTK 1 & 2, Tk and Wine themes that blend well with eachother. So if a new user mixes apps from different widget sets it still blends well and looks good.

I switch themes once a week so the defaults don't matter for me though.

icechen1
May 31st, 2007, 10:18 PM
It could have three theme(orange,blue,dark) and it will ask you to choose one on installation...
So you can use k/x/u/buntu without worrying about the color.

Cyvros
June 1st, 2007, 03:20 AM
I like Xubuntu because it's blue. :D

baconman
June 5th, 2007, 01:42 PM
I love Kubuntu but I'd really like to have the beautiful Human theme in KDE too. I'm so fed up with all these blue themes. Seems so... unimaginative.

SInce I've yet to find a Human theme for KDE that looks as good as the default one in Ubuntu, for now my choices seem to between a boring blue desktop with all the KDE features I've learnt to love over the years, or a beautiful brown/orange desktop and having to stick with Gnome which I've never come to terms with (spatial browsing... shudder).