PDA

View Full Version : Creating a macro via shell scripting?

Genecks
May 30th, 2007, 06:51 PM
At the moment, I'm using Kubuntu. I want to be able to make a macro. However, I keep reading that I need to use shell scripting to make a macro in Kubuntu. I'm trying to find webpages that describe how to make a macro via shell scripting. I'm not familiar with shell scripting at all, and I'm new to the idea of it. Could someone give me webpages that relate to creating a macro with shell scripting?

cwaldbieser
May 31st, 2007, 12:21 AM
At the moment, I'm using Kubuntu. I want to be able to make a macro. However, I keep reading that I need to use shell scripting to make a macro in Kubuntu. I'm trying to find webpages that describe how to make a macro via shell scripting. I'm not familiar with shell scripting at all, and I'm new to the idea of it. Could someone give me webpages that relate to creating a macro with shell scripting?

The term "macro" can mean many things. Could you give us some examples of the type of things you want to do? Shell scripts are great for automating many tasks, but there may be simpler ways to automate other tasks.