PDA

View Full Version : What type of person appreciate most the Ubuntu Human Theme?

wersdaluv
May 30th, 2007, 11:22 AM
I installed lots of themes (including the amazing Ubuntu Studio theme), and now I'm back with the default Ubuntu Feisty theme. There is something about it that I do not like, probably because it does not look so modern, but there is something about it that makes me prefer it over other themes.

What is it with the Human theme? What type of person appreciate most the Ubuntu Human Theme?

runningwithscissors
May 30th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Person with bad taste? :P

I just don't like the overuse of brown as I am from a tropical country. Everything is brown and dusty here.

steven8
May 30th, 2007, 11:29 AM
What type of person appreciate most the Ubuntu Human Theme?

A Human? :) I like the human theme.

Bachstelze
May 30th, 2007, 11:34 AM
People who haven't yet discovered the greatness of KDE ? :p

sysdrum
May 30th, 2007, 11:37 AM
I prefer blue stuff the human theme is okay but if they made a blue human theme I would so make it my default..

happy-and-lost
May 30th, 2007, 12:07 PM
I prefer blue stuff the human theme is okay but if they made a blue human theme I would so make it my default..

sudo apt-get install blubuntu-look :D

Sluipvoet
May 30th, 2007, 12:13 PM
BLue is retarted and done by almost any other OS/Distro.

If you forget your prejudices, you'll find that the Brown/Orange-theme is original and beautiful

guitarmaniac
May 30th, 2007, 01:25 PM
I really like dark themes and seem to be one of the few people that think that Vista actually looks good, but they arent very easy on the eye after a while.
I always come crawling back to Human.

PriceChild
May 30th, 2007, 01:28 PM
I prefer blue stuff the human theme is okay but if they made a blue human theme I would so make it my default..Enjoy KDE while you can then because in Gutsy its going Greeeeeeeeeeeeeen! :)

maniacmusician
May 30th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Enjoy KDE while you can then because in Gutsy its going Greeeeeeeeeeeeeen! :)
KDE is going green? What?

lol. Who cares, I'm changing it anyways.

guitarmaniac
May 30th, 2007, 01:33 PM
GREEN???

Actually, that might be cool, is there any screenshots or mockups of the new theme yet PriceChild
sounds interesting.

ThinkBuntu
May 30th, 2007, 01:46 PM
I like the Human theme. I hate the default backgrounds, though. Once I replace those with something interesting (granted, I'm not running Ubuntu right now, but when I did I had a cool gibbon picture) it actually looks quite nice. Especially if your favorite color is orange.

The icons are a separate matter. I prefer to not use the blocky Human icons.

FuturePilot
May 30th, 2007, 02:36 PM
KDE is going Green?:shock:

Anyways I like the Human theme. I don't see any over usage of Brown. Every release has moved towards a lighter brown wallpaper. That's the only brown I see.

mips
May 30th, 2007, 03:05 PM

It's about time! A nice olive green would be very soothing on the eyes!

reacocard
May 30th, 2007, 03:10 PM
I like the Human theme. I hate the default backgrounds, though. Once I replace those with something interesting (granted, I'm not running Ubuntu right now, but when I did I had a cool gibbon picture) it actually looks quite nice. Especially if your favorite color is orange.

I feel the same way. I like the Human GTK look (and the icons aren't bad), but the wallpaper has never been terribly great. On the other hand, neither has it been awful.

Here's my current wallpaper: http://kde-look.org/CONTENT/content-files/25331-nightfear.jpg

soulfly7x
May 30th, 2007, 03:17 PM
I think the human theme is UGL-LY. Re: Green. My Debian KDE theme is green. I'll have to post a screenshot. It looks awesome! (I'm not on that computer right now.)

Bachstelze
May 30th, 2007, 03:59 PM

Great ! A nice greenish theme is the last thing KDE misses.

guitarmaniac
May 30th, 2007, 11:50 PM
I feel the same way. I like the Human GTK look (and the icons aren't bad), but the wallpaper has never been terribly great. On the other hand, neither has it been awful.

Here's my current wallpaper: http://kde-look.org/CONTENT/content-files/25331-nightfear.jpg

The default wallpaper for Dapper was amazing, I think they should have stuck with it but I guess people kept complaining about the brown.

starcraft.man
May 31st, 2007, 12:27 AM
Does my liking the default Human theme (changed it, but still liked it for a month when I had it) including the wallpaper on Ubuntu make me abnormal? I mean I keep seeing this threads title floating up and down the main page of the cafe and its starting to get to me :p. It's not that bad a theme... I find it relaxing with its orange/brown tones.

Billy_McBong
May 31st, 2007, 12:45 AM
i like the default theme(especially the window boarder) and the wallpaper
im not using it now but i still think it is a great theme

blackspyder
May 31st, 2007, 01:04 AM
I personally didnt care for it. But Im a dark theme person so I use Ubuntu Studio (besides the fact that i use my desktop to record and playback any songs Im trying to learn). i would have used Red instead of bule high lights but it compliments my anodized blue case so i cant complain about that.

The only thing I dont care or are the mouse cursors for "busy" and "working in the background" how about using a rotating Ubuntu symbol instead of the tape reel thingy that would be cool.

Tomosaur
May 31st, 2007, 01:14 AM
I quite like the human theme, but I'm not fanatical about it. If I find one I like better, I'll change it.

jimrz
May 31st, 2007, 02:01 AM
me!

icechen1
May 31st, 2007, 02:05 AM
Human theme is good but i use Tangoine(Human theme + Tango theme)

Foxmike
May 31st, 2007, 02:30 AM

I've tried it and tried again and again and again... and you know what? I will try it again this fall with KDE4 coming in. But honestly, I just couldn't keep it more than 3 days before getting back crying into GNOME warm arms... And I tried several themes in both DEs and alway getting back to the default for a while... I guess this is my childish nature:rolleyes:

After all, it's all taste questions that are not debatable!;)

Regards,

-FM

kopinux
May 31st, 2007, 03:38 AM
i keep switching from ubuntu to kubuntu to ubuntu to kubuntu to ubuntu but in the end i keep going back to human.

zeeR
June 27th, 2007, 06:06 PM
I really like the Human Theme!!

EVERYBODY complains about it,but it is something that really makes Ubuntu look different, and if you don't like it, just go to the Themes window and change it!

But please stop complaining about it to the art team, who has done a wonderful job so far, making Ubuntu look so good!

mips
June 27th, 2007, 06:10 PM
But please stop complaining about it to the art team, who has done a wonderful job so far, making Ubuntu look so good!

Thats pretty subjective.

Afoot
June 27th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Attractive colours and easy on the eyes.

PatrickMay16
June 27th, 2007, 08:14 PM
I don't care for brown much, myself, so I don't enjoy the default theme... but I love purple! OH MAN yeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. So I always use 'PenOSmaster' from art.gnome.org.

forrestcupp
June 27th, 2007, 08:25 PM
I don't mind brown, but the human theme is horrible. I don't think they spend much time trying to make it look good. Just throw some brown together real quick because brown tones are human, then we can hurry up and work on the important stuff.

orange2k
June 27th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Well its just a theme that involves around the default Ubuntu colour - brown like coffee...
You have all the tools to change it whenever you feel like it, so I wouldnt think about it too much...
But I do like coffee and sometimes I change my windows decorations to the default human theme...not the wallpaper, though...

Rui Pais
June 27th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Everybody is off topic!

Earthy people.
Warm people.
Country people.
Open mind people.
Hot people.

Ubuntu must be the only distro where every single day appears 2 or 3 threads about default theme ... only that is enough make it inevitable and obligatory! :lol:

zeeR
June 29th, 2007, 01:11 AM
Thats pretty subjective.

Actually, it isn't...Can you think of Ubuntu as blue? Doesn't everybody think that its warm colors identify much more with Humanity than blue??

That's Ubuntu's ideals, and that's what they are going to stick to!

If one doesn't like, it's easy to change!

ButteBlues
June 29th, 2007, 02:48 AM
What type of person appreciate most the Ubuntu Human Theme?

Probably the blind or visually impaired.

dbbolton
June 29th, 2007, 02:57 AM
personally, i think that the Human theme is wonderful. it's even better if you incorporate lauri taimila's orange-look modifications.

steveneddy
June 29th, 2007, 03:02 AM
I prefer my green Gnome.

I was tired of the blue of the other guys.

To each his own.

fuscia
June 29th, 2007, 03:10 AM
I installed lots of themes (including the amazing Ubuntu Studio theme), and now I'm back with the default Ubuntu Feisty theme. There is something about it that I do not like, probably because it does not look so modern, but there is something about it that makes me prefer it over other themes.

What is it with the Human theme? What type of person appreciate most the Ubuntu Human Theme?

just a wild guess, but i'll bet it's the window decoration that bothers you. well, it's what bother me, so when i use the human theme, i use something like samui, or blended. this new one, everwood, works really nicely with it.

FuturePilot
June 29th, 2007, 03:13 AM
If you don't like the Human theme, you might be interested in Blubuntu (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Blubuntu)
:D

Blubuntu aims to be a theme as complete as the default theme that can be a sibling to 'Human'. It aims to maintain the same level of polish, but sacrifice some of the uniqueness for ease on the eye

The colours will be less bright and more blue than the current Human theme.

The theme will aim to be cohesive, so that you feel like you are using a system developed as a whole, not made of many different applications

Polygon
June 29th, 2007, 04:47 AM
i like human, but i personally think that the colors look more orange than brown....

but i did discover blubuntu today, and it looks cool :D

lancest
June 30th, 2007, 02:55 PM
I tried other themes also but came back to human. Earth tones are in and it helps Ubuntu differentiate itself from Windows. Blue is overused in operating systems! When I convert people to Ubuntu I use human because it is a well designed and uniform theme. The orange download bar is great!

slimdog360
June 30th, 2007, 04:37 PM
my current theme is the default but with a whiter windows and the orange is slightly whiter.

edit: just changed it. Its the default theme but yellow in place of the orange/brown. I heard on the radio that yellow improves concentration.

argie
June 30th, 2007, 05:39 PM
On my desktop I've got the Clearlooks theme installed, but on the laptop it's Human. My only objection is to the Folder Emblems (I'm not sure if this is a theme thing), the way they're all orange means I can't immediately differentiate between a yellow and black film roll emblem (denoting photos, to me) and a white documents emblem. This all orange business I don't like, but the folder icons look good and overall I'm satisfied with the desktop, though I'm more a fan of darker themes (more gray, less white)

laxmanb
June 30th, 2007, 05:42 PM
The theme is OK(I didn't like it in 5.10, when it wasn't shiny). The brown wallpaper is bad.

Personally I like Clearlooks more than Human.

thtrgremlin
March 5th, 2009, 10:35 PM
I think the earthy tones feel less digital. Computer is high tech, but after awhile, and as the computer becomes a part of our life, there is less of a need to make our computers look more technology enhanced with crazy themes and wallpapers. Something simple, configurable, flexible, and effecient is what makes me feel more comfortable. I like the earthy tones.

gletob
March 5th, 2009, 11:20 PM
i think the earthy tones feel less digital. Computer is high tech, but after awhile, and as the computer becomes a part of our life, there is less of a need to make our computers look more technology enhanced with crazy themes and wallpapers. Something simple, configurable, flexible, and effecient is what makes me feel more comfortable. I like the earthy tones.

thall shall not unearth really old threads!!!

wsonar
March 5th, 2009, 11:27 PM

<~~~Dosen't Like KDE

Danny Dubya
March 5th, 2009, 11:33 PM
New mothers, because they can truly appreciate the color brown.

Giant Speck
March 5th, 2009, 11:40 PM
This thread was only a few months from being two years old.

wersdaluv
March 6th, 2009, 03:02 AM
Haha! Those were the days when I was wondering. Now, I'm using a brown theme: Shiki-Dust. Get it from http://code.google.com/p/gnome-colors/downloads/list

Bart_D
March 6th, 2009, 03:09 AM
...blue is overused in operating systems! ...

+1;)