PDA

View Full Version : My project survey

Das Oracle
May 29th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Hello, I just finished drafting an online survey for a project. Before I post the link let me at least give you a little background. The project name is Veso, we are a group of students dedicated to producing an electric vehicle prototype. The end result of our project is to actually make a production model for the consumer. After a few meetings of deciding where our project should go we had many items that found were inconclusive. We have devised a survey to hopefully answer some of our questions. If you are wondering why this is posted in UbuntuForums the answer is simple. One of the features we want in the prototype is a built in computer system that runs off of Ubuntu. The exact details of what it will be used for are not to be disclosed at the moment but when we begin our prototype more details will be posted. Here is the link and the more honest responses we can get the better solutions we can prototype. Thank you for your time.

http://vesoautomotive.com/survey/public/survey.php?name=Consumer_Survey_1

starcraft.man
May 29th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Interesting project. I would answer the survey but it seems that you really want people that drive cars, and I'm a public transit guy. I assume that cuz around Q 5 you ask which car the person drives without really inferring there is an option for people who don't.

Anyway, good luck with it and sounds great having Ubuntu/Linux in the car, some other companies are already thinking of putting linux in mainstream cars :D.

Das Oracle
May 30th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Yeah that is the general idea, but all questions are optional so for those that do drive and feel like they don't know enough about the question or are just uncomfortable with it then by all means skip it.

Das Oracle
May 31st, 2007, 07:11 PM
I just wanted to say thank you for everyone who has taken the survey. So far I am feeling that these results are very helpful to our project, however for proper statistical use we do need more people to fill out our survey. If anyone would like to help advertise our survey please PM me with details or just point people to this thread. Thank you everyone.

Kvark
May 31st, 2007, 09:54 PM
One of the features we want in the prototype is a built in computer system that runs off of Ubuntu. The exact details of what it will be used for are not to be disclosed at the moment but when we begin our prototype more details will be posted.
I'd like to reply to the "Ubuntu PC in a car"-idea from a passenger's point of view since I don't drive. Short trips are filled with talk but on longer trips that gets tiresome and the discussion dies. That's when I just sit there wishing I could check my email and surf a bit. Fold out a mini-keyboard with a trackball from the passenger side dashboard or the seat in front of me to reveal a small screen that was covered by the folded-in keyboard. Add a headphone jack so parents can tell the impatient kids in the backseat to be quiet and watch a movie.

But I guess what you have in mind is to make the most awesome car stereo plus navigation ever with a touch screen where the car stereo usually is. Maybe a 4 headed PC with mobile Internet and a separate limited user account on each screen (stereo/navigation touch screen, passenger side dashboard screen, 2 backside of front seats screens) could do it all.

matthinckley
May 31st, 2007, 11:06 PM
Survey submitted!