PDA

View Full Version : Hello

deeteesbeard
May 29th, 2007, 05:21 PM
:D
I thought I should probably introduce myself as I've just installed ubuntu on my pc and I intend to use the forums quite a bit whilst I get my head round it. Then at least you will have some background on the person asking the annoying questions ;)

Soooo.

My name's Doug, I'm in my mid 30's and might class myself as a semi-geek, whatever one of those is ;) I work for a Major HIV & AIDS charity in the uk as their IT department, and in my spare time I'm a DJ.

Hmmm sounds like I'm introducing myself on a rubbish TV game show :lol:

Anyway feel free to say hello, you'll probably see me chip in my 2pence/cents worth here and there...
):P

Doug

mostwanted
May 29th, 2007, 05:32 PM
I work for a Major HIV & AIDS charity in the uk as their IT department, and in my spare time I'm a DJ.

What a job description! I like you already :p

People here are usually very patient when you just want basic support (particularly on the Absolute Beginners Forum), so I don't think you'll annoy anyone.

starcraft.man
May 29th, 2007, 05:33 PM
LOL, there are no annoying questions (except maybe if you asked "Why is the sky blue?", I can answer that one though :p).

Anyway, welcome to the forums... I am the resident Protoss Zealot (methinks I am the only one). If you see any zerg sneaking around... make sure to point them out to me, I will of course.... make them disappear :p.

Oh and this Zealot needs food, so off to lunch. Have fun with Ubuntu and welcome to the forums. :D

deeteesbeard
May 29th, 2007, 05:34 PM
What a job description! I like you already :p

People here are usually very patient when you just want basic support (particularly on the Absolute Beginners Forum), so I don't think you'll annoy anyone.

Ooh, a last.fm user. i'm dtism on there, mind if I add you?

mostwanted
May 29th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Ooh, a last.fm user. i'm dtism on there, mind if I add you?

Not at all!