PDA

View Full Version : Chance of small tick getting under skin and growing bigger. No easy removal!

wie6Ein0
May 28th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Please, I really need to know if it's possible for one of those very small flea-sized ticks to get UNDER your skin and then getting bigger by feeding on your blood.

I have a bump on a particular place on my male body that seemed to have arose overnight. I have researched many things but none seem to be likely. Not an STD since I'm still a virgin. I'm not a drug user. Anyway, it seems to have something hard inside. I thought it may be some sort of pimple but there is no white head on it. Since there's no head, I guess that also takes care of knowing it cant be a ingrown hair.

I just don't know what it could be. It's not something I'm willing to see a doctor about.

Please don't tell me that there have been reported cases of this "under skin ticks" thing... I'll s**t my pants.

slimdog360
May 28th, 2007, 11:41 AM
yep, they lay eggs in your brainz!!!1

eilu
May 28th, 2007, 11:46 AM
where on your body is it? does it hurt? when does it hurt (e.g., all the time or only when touched/pinched/etc)? does it look inflammed (red, warm & swollen)?

I doubt it's a small tick; insect parasites are visible to the naked eye.

wie6Ein0
May 28th, 2007, 11:52 AM
where on your body is it? does it hurt? when does it hurt (e.g., all the time or only when touched/pinched/etc)? does it look inflammed (red, warm & swollen)?

I doubt it's a small tick; insect parasites are visible to the naked eye.

I was trying to not make it very obvious, but I'll go ahead and say that it's on the surrounding skin of my *****. It looks at least the size of a corn kernel (the bump; not the hard thing inside). When barely pinched, I feel a hard thing inside. It's not inflamed and the color is just normal skin color... It's not red or anything like that. It's just worrying me that it could be an insect under there which would freak me out if it's true... I've had those very tiny ticks on me before and just thinking that one of those could have buried itself all the way under my skin and then growing makes me scared to death! I really don't want to have to cut on myself down there.

Footissimo
May 28th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Go to your doctor, anyone giving advice about medical issues over a linux message board is very likely not qualified to give such advice at all.

BuffaloX
May 28th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Ticks only fasten themselves using their mouth parts.
They are not able to completely bury themselves under your skin.

maagimies
May 28th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Consult a urologist.
I've personally had those weird little bumps myself but they just went away.

wie6Ein0
May 28th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Go to your doctor, anyone giving advice about medical issues over a linux message board is very likely not qualified to give such advice at all.

You're correct, but I had to ask anyway... I'm just hoping that no one has ever heard of a case of a tick burying it's complete body under your skin. Be sure to not let ticks lay eggs in your brainz!

matthew
May 28th, 2007, 12:00 PM
I know you said you don't want to, but go to a doctor!!

Tomosaur
May 28th, 2007, 12:04 PM
It's certainly possible for some small creatures to get under your skin, in fact it's probably the primary goal of many parasites. I don't know any specifics though. It may not be a tick, but it could quite possibly be some other creature.

Also, you do not have to have sex to contract an STD. It's the most common route for such infections to propogate, but it is not necessarily the ONLY route. The kind of contact necessary for STDs to be passed on are generally considered sexual in nature, but it's probably best to understand that you do not actually have to have sex to get an STD. With family members and people who you're in contact with regularly, then the risk is smaller since you become accustomed to that person and their immune system. However, if someone close to you has recently contracted an STD (although don't go pointing fingers, since you don't know if it IS an STD, and anyone you may suspect of carrying the STD may not themselves know they are a carrier.) If you rule out any other possibilities, then you should definately get in touch with your doctor. An internet forum just can't provide you with the best advice, particularly without knowing everything about you.

However, I do recall some friends getting a few 'bumps' on various parts of their bodies. One in particular had a hard bump in his earlobe, which resembled the shape of a tic. It turned out to be simply a build up of salt crystals and other general 'stuff' you find in your blood / lymph. It really was nothing to worry about for him, and it cleared itself up in time, his doctor simply advised him to keep his ears warm (to ease the flow of blood etc), and just wait it out. A few weeks later and the lump was gone. You may just be experiencing the same thing.

At the end of the day, however - if you're worried about it, you should see your doctor.

PatrickMay16
May 28th, 2007, 12:37 PM
My friend, I suggest that you go to your doctor and get your ***** examined immediately. This is your ***** we're talking about here... it's serious business. There's no good in being scared and embarassed; get to the doctor.

slimdog360
May 28th, 2007, 01:06 PM
You never know, you may get lucky and get a good looking doctor.

Because everyone else gets to say it, I'm going to also, ***** ***** ***** ***** lolololol. Yes I am 12 if you didn't already know.

RAV TUX
May 28th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Please, I really need to know if it's possible for one of those very small flea-sized ticks to get UNDER your skin and then getting bigger by feeding on your blood.

I have a bump on a particular place on my male body that seemed to have arose overnight. I have researched many things but none seem to be likely. Not an STD since I'm still a virgin. I'm not a drug user. Anyway, it seems to have something hard inside. I thought it may be some sort of pimple but there is no white head on it. Since there's no head, I guess that also takes care of knowing it cant be a ingrown hair.

I just don't know what it could be. It's not something I'm willing to see a doctor about.

Please don't tell me that there have been reported cases of this "under skin ticks" thing... I'll s**t my pants.

Could just be a Chigger (http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2100.html) try soaking a cotton ball in alcohol and then apply to the area in question for about 5 or 10 minutes.

If this does not work call your Nurse Practitioner before going to the Doctor, if they don't have a solution and advice you to go to the Doctor then go.

Beware of Lyme Disease. (http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/lyme/index.htm)

RAV TUX
May 28th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Could just be a Chigger (http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2100.html) try soaking a cotton ball in alcohol and then apply to the area in question for about 5 or 10 minutes.

If this does not work call your Nurse Practitioner before going to the Doctor, if they don't have a solution and advice you to go to the Doctor then go.

Beware of Lyme Disease. (http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/lyme/index.htm)

If it is a chigger then here is the reccommended skin care option.

Again I would call your local Nurse Practitioner first.

Skin Care

After returning from a chigger-infested area, launder the field clothes in soapy, hot water (125F.) for about half an hour. Infested clothes should not be worn again until they are properly laundered and/or exposed to hot sunshine. Unlaundered clothes or those laundered in cool water will contain the biting chiggers to again reinfest your skin. As soon as possible, take a good hot bath or shower and soap repeatedly. The chiggers may be dislodged, but you will still have the stylostomes, causing the severe itch. Scratching deep to remove stylostomes can cause secondary infections. For temporary relief of itching, apply ointments of benzocaine, hydrocortisone, calamine lotion, New Skin, After Bite, or others recommended by your pharmacist or medical doctor. Some use Vaseline, cold cream, baby oil, or fingernail polish. (The sooner the treatment, the better the results.)
http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2100.html

poohbear1616
May 28th, 2007, 02:36 PM
I live in rural Mo. and have had ALOT of ticks pulled off me.
I have never had one completely burrow under my skin. The body
is always hanging out there. Seed ticks are so small I have almost
over looked them before.
Ticks have to breath and putting vasoline on them makes them back out
so they can get air or they suffocate. Thats the country folks remedy.

Rhubarb
May 28th, 2007, 03:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5muVjcQ6zHM&mode=related&search=
Perhaps?

mips
May 28th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Go see a doctor!

daynah
May 28th, 2007, 03:35 PM
If you want to know if you should see a doctor or not, call your insurance company! I'm not kidding. :) Lots of insurance companies have a "dial a nurse" thing 24/7 with a registered nurse practitioner. Anyway, you should be able to call them for free and they will try everything to help you fix this without sending you to the doctor as long as it's in the insurance's best interest, which is actually in your best interest. You don't want to have to go spend money at the doctor, they don't want to pay for you to go to the doctor. You don't want to not go and it be something bad and get worse and have to spend more money later, they don't want that either.

A very, very, good thing. Especially good when you go off to college and don't know the difference between a flu and a cold and the school's nurse is a very long walk in the cold.

And yes, Nurse Practitioners are very well qualified. They're like a Doctor's number two, Commander Riker. You'd trust Commander Riker to lead your ship right?

steveneddy
May 28th, 2007, 03:42 PM
You never know, you may get lucky and get a good looking doctor.

Because everyone else gets to say it, I'm going to also, ***** ***** ***** ***** lolololol. Yes I am 12 if you didn't already know.

Yes - fine a young, female doctor, maybe even a Med student at a University medical clinic.

EDIT:

And ask her if she has a sister

RAV TUX
May 28th, 2007, 03:44 PM
If you want to know if you should see a doctor or not, call your insurance company! I'm not kidding. :) Lots of insurance companies have a "dial a nurse" thing 24/7 with a registered nurse practitioner. Anyway, you should be able to call them for free and they will try everything to help you fix this without sending you to the doctor as long as it's in the insurance's best interest, which is actually in your best interest. You don't want to have to go spend money at the doctor, they don't want to pay for you to go to the doctor. You don't want to not go and it be something bad and get worse and have to spend more money later, they don't want that either.

A very, very, good thing. Especially good when you go off to college and don't know the difference between a flu and a cold and the school's nurse is a very long walk in the cold.

And yes, Nurse Practitioners are very well qualified. They're like a Doctor's number two, Commander Riker. You'd trust Commander Riker to lead your ship right?Thanks for a voice of reason.

tcpip4lyfe
May 28th, 2007, 03:46 PM

You'll be fine. It's probably a cyst. I have one about the size of a small pimple too on my nether region and it's been around for a year or so. It appeared overnight as well. It freaked me out so I went to the doctor because I thought it was an STD. He told me it was a penculia cyst or something. If it stays the same size just forget about it. But if it starts doing weird things like growing or scabbing it's doctor time. Also don't be afraid to go to the doctor with this stuff. They have seen it all and they don't really care.

RAV TUX
May 28th, 2007, 04:13 PM
It could also just be an ingrown hair.

Again your local friendly Nurse Practitioner would know best...just call her.

Adamant1988
May 28th, 2007, 06:08 PM
I'm just going to ask a question here, but what makes you think that a tick found it's way to your genitals? I mean, I'm a West Virginian guy and I've had ticks on me, and friends, before but they're always in an exposed portion of your body (Hair, arms, legs, etc.). Were you streaking through the woods or something?

Anyway, go to see the doctor, or something. I can't say I would be all that comfortable with a large hard bump on me like that, so I'd go see a doc.

Ateo
May 28th, 2007, 06:23 PM
What are you asking tech geeks about this? Go to a damn doctor OR cut yourself open to fix yourself. Those are your choices but asking us here for medical advice is like asking a caveman to win the nobel prize.

No offense, but your pecker might fall off. Go to a doctor.

MetalMusicAddict
May 28th, 2007, 06:36 PM
In the history of this forum I dont think a more odd question has been asked. Seeking medical advice from a bunch of linux geeks. :)

Lucifiel
May 28th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Go see a doctor, dear. :D Your xxxxx might end up with more problems. After all, some problems can make you infertile and give you penile dysfunction if not treated.

In the history of this forum I dont think a more odd question has been asked. Seeking medical advice from a bunch of linux geeks. :)

*falls over and starts laughing until her stomach breaks*

der_joachim
May 28th, 2007, 06:54 PM
I'm just going to ask a question here, but what makes you think that a tick found it's way to your genitals? I mean, I'm a West Virginian guy and I've had ticks on me, and friends, before but they're always in an exposed portion of your body (Hair, arms, legs, etc.). Were you streaking through the woods or something?

Anyway, go to see the doctor, or something. I can't say I would be all that comfortable with a large hard bump on me like that, so I'd go see a doc.

I'll defend the OP: ticks are known to crawl deep into wide fitting clothes. They apparently like to burrow into folds of skin. If the OP were wearing wide trousers and boxershorts, it would be possible for a tick to reach some private parts. Perhaps, a tick had been in his clothes before he wore them. I discovered a tick once between two of my toes. It had probably crawled into one of my running socks a few days earlier when I had hanged them out to dry after washing them.

BTW: +1 for going to a doctor.

poohbear1616
May 29th, 2007, 12:40 AM
In the history of this forum I dont think a more odd question has been asked.

Tick bite forums!!...:lolflag:

I'm just going to ask a question here, but what makes you think that a tick found it's way to your genitals?

I've pulled them off my spongebob before a couple times. Nook and cranny kind of bugs, they are!

Kingsley
May 29th, 2007, 12:45 AM
Be a man and take a knife to it.

steveneddy
May 29th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Be a man and take a knife to it.

YIKES!!

blackspyder
May 29th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Well... let me put it this way, it is possible for a "chigger" (really small tick) to embed itself in your flesh and then grow only usually they pop out when they get bigger. Easy removal though. Your got a couple of options, Gasoline/Diesel Fuel (pour over skin), Bleach (poured over skin), or heat it out with a disposable lighter.

mips
May 29th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Some of the advice here is beginning to border on the dangerous. These people are not medical professionals. Get proper help from people that do this for a living ie. doctors and nurses.

smoker
May 29th, 2007, 11:36 AM
i think i would rather go see a doctor than risk amputation if it gets worse:(

Lucifiel
June 5th, 2007, 09:40 AM

So, what happened? :p

You still erm... okay? :D

AudreyDeminon
March 16th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Ticks only fasten themselves using their mouth parts.
They are not able to completely bury themselves under your skin.

this is true But because it is in the crotch area i would guess it is a chigger.

will1911a1
March 17th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Some of the advice here is beginning to border on the dangerous. These people are not medical professionals. Get proper help from people that do this for a living ie. doctors and nurses.

This.

Go see a doctor.

overdrank
March 17th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Thread closed
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5451/necromancing.jpg