PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu shipping Question

Dark_Sniper*
July 1st, 2005, 06:07 AM
ok well if his is in the wrong area please redirtect this thread. Ok i would like to know how long doees it take to get the cd from ubuntu i ordered mine like 2 months ago and i havent got them yet i know you have to give them time becuase its free its cool. Im just wondering whats like time you should get them by.

Burgundavia
July 1st, 2005, 06:15 AM
They come when they come. Canonical shipped one million Warty cds and probably far more hoary cds (I have no idea as to the number).

Corey

Dark_Sniper*
July 1st, 2005, 06:22 AM
crap man i want to learn linux over this summer right know im workin on gettin debian on becasue i dont have ubuntu. So i had to get debian they tell me that is the basic of ubuntu so im gettin debian when and i hope my ubuntu come soon im going to have to learn debian first.

benplaut
July 1st, 2005, 06:40 AM
crap man i want to learn linux over this summer right know im workin on gettin debian on becasue i dont have ubuntu. So i had to get debian they tell me that is the basic of ubuntu so im gettin debian when and i hope my ubuntu come soon im going to have to learn debian first.

why not just download and burn the CD? alot faster :wink:

i haven't gotten mine yet, either, :roll:

Dark_Sniper*
July 1st, 2005, 07:42 AM
i would but my windows computer is jacked and i have tio fix it and i dont want to download stuff on it no more i got 142 trojans on it yesturday and iwas fixin it today no more downloading files of whatever. i will just have to wait.

Sionide
July 1st, 2005, 10:21 PM
Perhaps you could ask a friend to download and burn the .iso file for you??

My cds haven't come yet, but I'm not complaining - they're free after all :) I just hate it when people abuse the system and order 100s of cds they'll never use. :(

KiwiNZ
July 1st, 2005, 10:35 PM
If you have access to Linuxformat magazine in your Country buy the July edition it has 5.04 on the cover DVD

Sionide
July 1st, 2005, 11:00 PM
Yeah you're right it does!! I bought that a couple of weeks ago! Why didn't I think of that?? :P

N'Jal
July 2nd, 2005, 12:36 AM
A solution to your problem would be to install debian and change debian's /etc/atp/sources.list to match an ubuntu one. I believe this will work, can someone confirm?