PDA

View Full Version : Big business(SUN) got Linux's back

lsutiger
May 27th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Check this out! Sun is being Linux's "big brother" (http://www.tectonic.co.za/view.php?src=rss&id=1540)

Woo Hoo! How you like those apples, Billy Boy!

Immolatus
May 27th, 2007, 09:41 PM
The tide is rising.

DC@DR
May 27th, 2007, 10:17 PM
I love this! After IBM, Sun will be the next big boy standing next to Linux community, to help fight back M$'s FUD war, and that's just simply awesome! :-)

starcraft.man
May 27th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Kinda old news a bit no? The blog post was a few days ago. I am interested by it though, and happy that sun says they will do so. If it should actually come to something like that, then I would be interested to see if they go to bat. Words don't cost any money after all, MS learned that with their FUD attack (even made money of license fees companies paid em for no "patent suit".).

lsutiger
May 27th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Kinda old news a bit no? The blog post was a few days ago. I am interested by it though, and happy that sun says they will do so. If it should actually come to something like that, then I would be interested to see if they go to bat. Words don't cost any money after all, MS learned that with their FUD attack (even made money of license fees companies paid em for no "patent suit".).

Old news? A few days old? You must me a news junkie!
I am more of a politico!
So it was new news to me :)

Andrewie
May 27th, 2007, 10:31 PM
We keep beating this dead horse but it decomposed long time ago, the continuing articles and web sites are making it increasingly evident that people are scared of the Microsoft "FUD". If [we] the Linux users, thought Microsoft was really spreading FUD then we would just ignore them and continue on with our life. I think we should treat Microsoft's FUD like we treat other FUD, just ignore it and continue on with our life.

Compucore
May 27th, 2007, 10:38 PM
I think this is good new personally. THat big brother like IBM, Sun microsystems are backing Linux. Both parties I think have helped linux in general to help bring it as another alternative to what they sell as well. And not to put their own operating systens that they have and run on their own systems are not good. But goes to show that they are up to the challenge to show consumers that there are other things that can be done with a computer that does not always need Microsoft software. Just last week alone I had gotten free from Sun microsystem a version of Solaris 10 on DVD free by them with developers IDE to use and try out on my laptop. Didn't cost me a cent to order them online and get them on dvd's. I think that at least with these two they see the potentlial by boosting Linux along with their own OS's as making easier for the consumer to choose. and have it a win win situation for both parties.

Compucore