PDA

View Full Version : the Linux insecurity complex

karellen
May 27th, 2007, 03:43 PM
no, it's not what is seems...;)
http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index.php?title=the_linux_insecurity_complex&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1
....enjoy the reading :)

starcraft.man
May 27th, 2007, 04:12 PM
That was pretty good, I agree with all of it. People do need to stop being insecure about Linux. You can't convert the 600+ million windows users around the world instantly or maybe ever entirely. We need to stand on our own and stop comparing ourselves.

Like the end of the article said, we need to just act like winners (we all know we are :p) :D.

Bachstelze
May 27th, 2007, 04:20 PM
That's what I've been saying all the way. If someone doesn't like Linux, that doesn't mean there's something wrong with it, just that it's not what that person wants/needs. I wish most Linux distros would quit mimic Windows...

karellen
May 27th, 2007, 04:30 PM
I thought maybe after all the the "what linux can't do...", "what gimp can't do...", "is linux ready for the desktop..." an article like this was necessary...

DoctorMO
May 27th, 2007, 04:32 PM
You on;y missed the part 'My hardware doesn't work and it's Linux fault, I love linux but it just doesn't do this thing' section.

Nice article

TheWizzard
May 27th, 2007, 07:27 PM
thanks for the link.

brim4brim
May 28th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Linux does everything I want it to (pretty much). I disagree with the insecurity article.

There are plenty of distro's that say **** off, we are linux and we are proud of what we are.

However the best thing about Linux is that new distro's spring up to service the different needs of new users.

It is important for distro's that want to appeal to the average user to listen to their complaints when they try Ubuntu and the other desktop distro's. This does not however mean adopting every idea that people want, even if it is popular as it could just have too many knock on problems.

I've been in the development forum for Gutsy, reading threads and I've seen threads where people complain about the programmers not working on the right things. Well I say all power to them. They work on what they think is important and that's what should be done. Some of the feature requests are just not feasible (I include some of my own in this as I don't know everything about Linux yet, not evey half of it).

ticopelp
May 28th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Good sentiment. Crap article.