PDA

View Full Version : Which PDA/PocketPC?

JasonKretzer
July 1st, 2005, 01:06 AM
OK, I have read through a LOT of personal experiences on these forums and something has always gone wrong.

Has anyone managed to get any PDA/PocketPC working as flawlessly with Evolution on Ubuntu(or Kontact/KMail/Korganizer on Kubuntu) as they work with Outlook? I am looking for one and all I can find are stories where people have managed to get them "somewhat working."

Thanks!

-Jason

matthew
July 1st, 2005, 04:40 AM
I am using a Palm m130 with Evolution. The following sync perfectly: calendar, address book, tasks. Everything else goes into a folder in my Home directory called MyPilot.

It took me a bit of fiddling around with the PalmOS Devices settings available in the System-->Preferences menu to get things to sync up the first time, but ever since it has worked beautifully.

Addendum: I forgot to mention, I used the same PDA with Outlook for two years before switching to Ubuntu and can honestly say I have the same functionality with Evolution...at least for the things I use. I guess there may be something I haven't used consistently in Outlook or tried with Evolution, so I should be careful not to make a blanket statement.

benplaut
July 1st, 2005, 04:56 AM
ZAURUS!!! :grin: