PDA

View Full Version : Worst insect/pest to have in your house?

WalmartSniperLX
May 26th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Well In my experience the worst I have ever had are ants. No specific type either. All I know is if you find a few little guys walking around and they happen to get back outside, they bring in thousands and thousands of brothers and sisters if they happen to find something interesting. And, my house isn't even a mess!

RAV TUX
May 26th, 2007, 09:48 AM
roaches &/or Cave Crickets

wie6Ein0
May 26th, 2007, 09:51 AM
I also agree that ants are the worst... Unlike spiders, ants will just walk all over you and all around you.

Mice are also bad... Imagine opening up a drawer and seeing droppings on your clothes (which I just did)... I'm sure the cat will catch it!

bigken
May 26th, 2007, 09:54 AM
the biggest pest is the wife :D

beercz
May 26th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Children!

bigken
May 26th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Children!

ye they eat everything in sight lol

mips
May 26th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Cockroaches, mosquitos & ants.

Wight_Rhino
May 26th, 2007, 10:09 AM
It's a tossup between Roaches and my daughter.

B0rsuk
May 26th, 2007, 10:14 AM
An elder brother.

beercz
May 26th, 2007, 10:21 AM
ye they eat everything in sight lol
And cost an absolute fortune.

And when they are teenagers they become like computers not connected to the internet ....

Essentially functional but unable to communicate.

CautionaryX
May 26th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Biggest Pests?... hmmm Parents.

J/K

Actually, ants are really annoying because I have no idea where they are coming from.

Lucifiel
May 26th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Flying roaches!!

Spano
May 26th, 2007, 03:07 PM
centipedes creep me out:shock:

helliewm
May 26th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Remy one of cats who is sat on my desk in front of screen as I am typing this purring:). He has now knocked my mouse on the floor with his tail.

The worse thing he did was knock a whole mug of my tea into a literally brand new keyboard and mouse!

Also my new puppy who is weeing and pooing everywhere. A greyhound and doberman cross.

Not really, I love to death even though 4 cats, a rabbit, a german shepherd and new puppy demand loads of attention and time. They are all absolutely spoilt and loved to death.

Helen

Ps He has laid down now so I can see the screen:)

sonny
May 26th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Well the worst pest I could have is my nephews comming over... I mean a roach I can crush with my shoe, but my nephews are quicker so I can't never get them right in the head.

:popcorn:

Tundro Walker
May 27th, 2007, 04:53 AM
Remy one of cats who is sat on my desk in front of screen as I am typing this purring:). He has now knocked my mouse on the floor with his tail.

The worse thing he did was knock a whole mug of my tea into a literally brand new keyboard and mouse!

I've been thinking of getting a cat, but I forget that they're pretty pushy. A dog will just hang out on the floor, bark and "ask" for attention...a cat gets right in your face. Not sure I'd like that when working on the computer.

steveneddy
May 27th, 2007, 05:06 AM
Well the worst pest I could have is my nephews comming over... I mean a roach I can crush with my shoe, but my nephews are quicker so I can't never get them right in the head.

:popcorn:

Yeah - it's children.

yabbadabbadont
May 27th, 2007, 05:08 AM
Do Mothers-in-law count? :D

Although I've been fortunate enough to never had to deal with them, I would say that fleas would be one of the worst. (they gave my aunt and uncle hell a while back)

Edit: I seem to be doomed to post immediately after steveneddy tonight... :lol:

steveneddy
May 27th, 2007, 05:17 AM
Do Mothers-in-law count? :D

Although I've been fortunate enough to never had to deal with them, I would say that fleas would be one of the worst. (they gave my aunt and uncle hell a while back)

Edit: I seem to be doomed to post immediately after steveneddy tonight... :lol:

You ARE following me! I knew it!!!

I'm being watched.....again.

Or is it........stalked?!

I guess that's what I get for be infamous on the internet today.

But (he said but) do you know who I REALLY am?

FuturePilot
May 27th, 2007, 05:21 AM
Bees:evil: and ants

MOS95B
May 27th, 2007, 10:17 PM
House centipedes for me. I can deal with other bugs/pests, but these things give me the heebie-jeebies!!!

http://whatsthatbug.com/images/house_centipede_named_bob.jpg

fuscia
May 27th, 2007, 10:35 PM
termites.

THREAD CLOSED!

yabbadabbadont
May 27th, 2007, 10:38 PM
termites.

THREAD CLOSED!

Only if your home is made of wood...

THREAD OPENED

:D

DJ Wings
May 27th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Windows.
Wait for it, wait for it...
It's a pest and it's full of bugs.

smoker
May 27th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Windows.
Wait for it, wait for it...
It's a pest and it's full of bugs.

at least that is easily remedied, with the FORMAT command:D

fuscia
May 27th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Only if your home is made of wood...

THREAD OPENED

:D

you don't have one o' them ceeement homes, do ya?

DJ Wings
May 27th, 2007, 11:21 PM
at least that is easily remedied, with the FORMAT command:D
I prefer the "blagblagblag" (http://www.blagblagblag.org/) command...

yabbadabbadont
May 27th, 2007, 11:24 PM
you don't have one o' them ceeement homes, do ya?

Not me, but one of my parent's neighbors does. Steel frame, concrete walls, stucco siding, metal roof. The interior is probably wood though. However, without the exterior being wood, it is unlikely that they'll ever get termites. (and the woods around them have plenty of dead trees for the termites to eat)

fuscia
May 27th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Not me, but one of my parent's neighbors does. Steel frame, concrete walls, stucco siding, metal roof. The interior is probably wood though. However, without the exterior being wood, it is unlikely that they'll ever get termites. (and the woods around them have plenty of dead trees for the termites to eat)

i have a friend whose parents got one o' them ceeement homes in florida. mo'fo' is herricane proofed!

yabbadabbadont
May 27th, 2007, 11:33 PM
i have a friend whose parents got one o' them ceeement homes in florida. mo'fo' is herricane proofed!

Around here we worry more about having underground shelter for tornadoes. Spring came early this year. Two tornado warnings on March 1st...

%hMa@?b<C
May 28th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Every summer I get lots of little ants. They are such a pain, but they are not scary like the big spiders in my basement. The spiders, however, mind their own business so I dont mind them, just being face to face with a spider the size of a quarter is scary.

yabbadabbadont
May 28th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Every summer I get lots of little ants.

Lucky! Them's good eaten... :lol:

%hMa@?b<C
May 28th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Lucky! Them's good eaten... :lol:

the little ones... not the big ones that are crunchy.

ticopelp
May 28th, 2007, 12:36 AM
I lived in a basement with a bunch of brown recluse spiders three years or so ago. Not a good time. I'd take ants any day over that.

%hMa@?b<C
May 28th, 2007, 12:38 AM
I lived in a basement with a bunch of brown recluse spiders three years or so ago. Not a good time. I'd take ants any day over that.

I am terrified of spiders, I would move away as fast as I could. If I ever saw a large spider like the brown recluse or wolf spider, it would meet a sorry end with my cleaver going right through its headpiece.

ticopelp
May 28th, 2007, 12:45 AM
I am terrified of spiders, I would move away as fast as I could. If I ever saw a large spider like the brown recluse or wolf spider, it would meet a sorry end with my cleaver going right through its headpiece.

Yeah, I was very glad to get out of there. I learned to chill out and just crush them with a shoe or something, but I was just waiting for the morning when I'd wake up with a nasty bite and all my flesh falling off. :(

yabbadabbadont
May 28th, 2007, 01:29 AM
Yeah, I was very glad to get out of there. I learned to chill out and just crush them with a shoe or something, but I was just waiting for the morning when I'd wake up with a nasty bite and all my flesh falling off. :(

Speaking from personal experience, a full course of anti-biotics taken early enough can prevent, or at least minimize, any necrotic tissue from forming.

Now days, the spiders and I have a deal. I don't squish them, they don't bite me. I usually find one or two brown-recluse spiders a year in my house. Just don't leave piles of clothes or papers on the floor and shake out your shoes before putting them on and you'll be fine. I even found a black-widow spider last year. That was the first one of those I had seen in more than ten years.

%hMa@?b<C
May 28th, 2007, 02:14 AM
Speaking from personal experience, a full course of anti-biotics taken early enough can prevent, or at least minimize, any necrotic tissue from forming.

Now days, the spiders and I have a deal. I don't squish them, they don't bite me. I usually find one or two brown-recluse spiders a year in my house. Just don't leave piles of clothes or papers on the floor and shake out your shoes before putting them on and you'll be fine. I even found a black-widow spider last year. That was the first one of those I had seen in more than ten years.

If I ever saw a black widow, I would move... right after squishing it.

joe.turion64x2
May 28th, 2007, 02:38 AM
Cockroaches and ants are the pest in my apartment. If I had to choose I would pick the ants, cockroaches are really ugly.

twisted_steel
May 28th, 2007, 03:32 AM
House centipedes for me. I can deal with other bugs/pests, but these things give me the heebie-jeebies!!!

http://whatsthatbug.com/images/house_centipede_named_bob.jpg

I hate these. I think my subwoofer must get them excited, because they will race across the floor when I watch movies. They freak me out every time with their speed and size. I believe this is the same creature that crawled into my friend's PCMCIA area in his laptop after he lost the little door that keeps it enclosed!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:House_centipede.jpg :shock:

yabbadabbadont
May 28th, 2007, 03:36 AM
I hate these. I think my subwoofer must get them excited, because they will race across the floor when I watch movies. They freak me out every time with their speed and size. I believe this is the same creature that crawled into my friend's PCMCIA area in his laptop after he lost the little door that keeps it enclosed!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:House_centipede.jpg :shock:

It was one of those *&^%@#$! that got into my subwoofer and fried it. :x

joe.turion64x2
May 28th, 2007, 03:44 AM
Cockroaches use to live inside many devices in my apartment: the fridge, the VCR, the TV.
I think the only place they respect is my PC's because I usually open them (and because they are in my room which, for some reason, they mostly respect).

joe.turion64x2
May 28th, 2007, 03:46 AM
Have you toasted cockroaches? They leave a horrible smell when you burn them (I forgot to mention that they also get in the stove's oven, and my mom did not notice that after she had already turned it on, for maintenance).

Joe.