PDA

View Full Version : All Mods And Admin Read!

RealG187
May 25th, 2007, 03:58 PM
at my school my so called friend is makking accounts and spamming the forums in an atempt to get me banned sicne we have the same IP!

I dont wanna get banned cuzza hiz stupid actions!!

The user name is Champ03 and the ip is the same IP from where I am posting this [if u check thsi should be the only IP we both use, my home IP is NEVER used by him!

U can ban the account but he jsut makes new ones!!

Here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=440409) how I have so Many Dappers is cuz he keeps sending them to me!! Is there a way I can not get them sent when he signs me up?

mips
May 25th, 2007, 04:05 PM
...sicne we have the same IP!

Two people cannot have the same IP at the same time.

Brush up on your spelling....

starcraft.man
May 25th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Ok... guys a bit of a jerk seems to me. Someone really deserves to get something back... or at least a reality check to get him to stop being stupid. Does he have that much time to waste on annoying you/us? He wouldn't happen to be a jealous windows user would he?

Anyway, sounds like ya got a real problem with the CDs though... there must be a way to get him to cut that out. I mean isn't that fraud since he's impersonating you to order the CDs to your house? I'm no lawyer though, just sounds like another one of lifes jerks... >.>.

melancholeric
May 25th, 2007, 04:11 PM

Brush up on your spelling....

Sure they can. NAT.

ThinkBuntu
May 25th, 2007, 04:11 PM
at my school my so called friend is makking accounts and spamming the forums in an atempt to get me banned sicne we have the same IP!

I dont wanna get banned cuzza hiz stupid actions!!

The user name is Champ03 and the ip is the same IP from where I am posting this [if u check thsi should be the only IP we both use, my home IP is NEVER used by him!

U can ban the account but he jsut makes new ones!!

Here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=440409) how I have so Many Dappers is cuz he keeps sending them to me!! Is there a way I can not get them sent when he signs me up?
Is that Eazy in your avatar? It's been a while. If so, much props.

MetalMusicAddict
May 25th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Is that Eazy in your avatar? It's been a while. If so, much props.

Pfftt... Kids don't know Eazy now a days. (but thats OT) :)

eentonig
May 25th, 2007, 04:16 PM
To stop the CD's coming in.

Ask Shipit to block request to your address.

To stop the spamming, make a formal complaint to the provider of the school (or the school itself directly). Maybe they get impressed and take actions to stop it.

mips
May 25th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Sure they can. NAT.

Well with NAT just about everybody on the same network could share one single IP address.

I doubt they are using NAT at his school but even if they were you could still identify the culprit, really not hard.

If this was such a big issue the guy could report his friend to the school IT department, he could then lodge a case of fraud with the local police and sue the person for defamation etc.

ThinkBuntu
May 25th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Pfftt... Kids don't know Eazy now a days. (but thats OT) :)
Gotta love that remake of Al Green, "I'd Rather ***k You." :^)

PatrickMay16
May 25th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Yeea man... you're ridin' Dapperz now. You're the real G. Have a stern talk with your friend, and he may realise the truth about what he is doing... and will cease doing it.

zeny
May 25th, 2007, 04:34 PM
NO, you can have the same IP at the same time! and it isn't NAT its PAT ...

mips
May 25th, 2007, 04:38 PM
NO, you can have the same IP at the same time! and it isn't NAT its PAT ...

Either way, NAT or PAT you can still tell who the person is, even if the IP is the same.

Enverex
May 25th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Either way, NAT or PAT you can still tell who the person is, even if the IP is the same.

Not from the Ubuntu website they couldn't. The site would just see the same IP connected regardless whether it's his friend or him. Sure, the techs inside the school network could, but it was the Ubuntu forum mods that were being referred to, not the people inside the NAT.

mips
May 25th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Not from the Ubuntu website they couldn't. The site would just see the same IP connected regardless whether it's his friend or him. Sure, the techs inside the school network could, but it was the Ubuntu forum mods that were being referred to, not the people inside the NAT.

You should still be able to trace it between source and destination ports. Yes you won't see the organisations internal IP addresses but you would see what ports are being used. After that you could contact the originating orginisation for further action.

dca
May 25th, 2007, 05:43 PM
The school uses non-routable IPs, once the packet hits the router to T1, it's all one IP probably in the 2xx range...

mips
May 25th, 2007, 05:51 PM
The school uses non-routable IPs, once the packet hits the router to T1, it's all one IP probably in the 2xx range...

Yes but each packet will have a TCP/UDP source port which translates to a internal IP address. If it was not for this then PAT would not work at all.

[h2o]
May 25th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Either way, ubuntuforums will not see any difference and that is what counts.

mips
May 25th, 2007, 06:24 PM
;2719351']Either way, ubuntuforums will not see any difference and that is what counts.

I don't believe for a second that they cannot trace it back to the source port. Whether they can block on a source port is a different story unless it is done at the router/firewall.

Enverex
May 25th, 2007, 06:31 PM
I don't believe for a second that they cannot trace it back to the source port. Whether they can block on a source port is a different story unless it is done at the router/firewall.

Yes but do you really think that place keeps a log of ALL trafic and ports? That would be an insane amount to keep track of.

mips
May 25th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Yes but do you really think that place keeps a log of ALL trafic and ports? That would be an insane amount to keep track of.

I have no idea what they log and don't log.

RealG187
May 26th, 2007, 01:10 AM

At my school the computers are on the same network so they have the same IP on the net, he got me abnned off other forums by account and IP.

Where I am making this post id from home and is safe.

Its the weekend so he wont spam until mondey, unless he does it from his house [I can give the IP if necessary]