PDA

View Full Version : Dell computers to be sold at Wal-Mart

Hendrixski
May 25th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Dell will be sold in Wal*Mart
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6690171.stm

And currently for $599 you can get an Inspiron or Dimension with ubuntu http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/ubuntu?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

So... Will Dell be selling the $599 laptop to the masses at Wal*Mart?

maniacmusician
May 25th, 2007, 06:17 AM

And currently for $599 you can get an Inspiron or Dimension http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/ubuntu?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

doubt it

Hendrixski
May 25th, 2007, 06:20 AM
doubt it

It would make sense, wouldn't it? Wal*Mart wants everything at the lowest price, and this IS going to be the lowest priced alternative. I wanna follow this one!

WalmartSniperLX
May 25th, 2007, 06:22 AM
doubt it

Lol, so blunt. But, it helps to keep your fingers crossed :D

EDIT** : Well it doesn't help to cross your fingers, but it can help you mentally :D lol.

FuturePilot
May 25th, 2007, 06:23 AM
I'm going to keep my eyes open for this. If I find one I'm taking a picture of it and posting it here:lol:

tgm4883
May 25th, 2007, 06:28 AM
Doesn't walmart already sell computers with linspire installed? Would that bode well for seeing ubuntu in wally world?

blitzer
May 25th, 2007, 06:28 AM
I think Dell's are sold on-line only to keep cost down :)

Edit: Didn't read the link !

Then how are they going to keep the cost down ! Selling a Dell with Ubuntu is going to be enough ?

maniacmusician
May 25th, 2007, 06:35 AM
It would make sense, wouldn't it? Wal*Mart wants everything at the lowest price, and this IS going to be the lowest priced alternative. I wanna follow this one!
More important than being cheap is satisfying customers. If hordes of customers buy "that cheap Dell PC", expecting Windows, but instead finding Ubuntu on their machines, there will almost certainly be a large backlash, which Dell wants to avoid.

In addition, Dell is not very confident in their Linux desktops at all. They expect to sell 20,000 Linux PC's a year at the most, and that averages out to about 1% of their sales. Dell is providing this option for the existing Linux community, not for new users that might stumble onto Linux. The purpose of this project, at the moment, is just to placate current Linux users.

I don't see it happening unless Dell sees considerable profit from their Linux campaign, and make efforts to have more competetive pricing. Also, I can just picture the dialog at Wal-Mart between a customer and a Wal-Mart employee

Customer: That PC is cheaper! It still looks fast. Why? Should I get it?
Wal-Mart: Hmm, that PC is cheaper because it has Linux on it.
Customer: Oh...that's the one that only computer nerds know how to use, right?
Wal-Mart: Yeah, pretty much.

Lol, so blunt. But, it helps to keep your fingers crossed :D
It doesn't help :p but it doesn't hurt. I'm just being realistic. Instead of focusing on the wal-mart thing, we should really be focusing on getting dell to focus on us even more.

blitzer
May 25th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Oh, this is a killer statement:

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/ubuntu?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

What Is Open Source?

Open source software is designed in a way that lets multiple people change, improve and redistribute the source code, meaning the software is generally community developed and available for free.

An advantage of open source is that it can deliver more reliability and flexibility, as well as faster updates and fixes, all at a lower cost. Plus, if you’re an expert, you can tweak and alter the code to completely customize the software to do exactly what you want. A downside is that some open source software requires intermediate or advanced knowledge to use, and in the case of operating systems, may not be compatible with the same software applications and hardware as Windows operating systems.

You don't see this on the Windows based Dell. Tell me this is not true for Windows either ! << for basic users

forrestcupp
May 25th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Doesn't walmart already sell computers with linspire installed? Would that bode well for seeing ubuntu in wally world?

Walmart does sell Linspire computers, but they are online only. You will never see a Linspire computer in an actual store. I can almost guarantee it will be the same with Ubuntu.

Hendrixski
May 25th, 2007, 03:29 PM
More important than being cheap is satisfying customers. If hordes of customers buy "that cheap Dell PC", expecting Windows, but instead finding Ubuntu on their machines, there will almost certainly be a large backlash, which Dell wants to avoid.

In addition, Dell is not very confident in their Linux desktops at all. They expect to sell 20,000 Linux PC's a year at the most, and that averages out to about 1% of their sales. Dell is providing this option for the existing Linux community, not for new users that might stumble onto Linux. The purpose of this project, at the moment, is just to placate current Linux users. Instead of focusing on the wal-mart thing, we should really be focusing on getting dell to focus on us even more.

That's a pretty good point. So, if we tell everyone we know to buy an Ubuntu Dell, then Dell may think "oh, this is more than just for Linux nerds" and they'll tell Wal*Mart "hey guys listen, these things have been selling like hotcakes, you guys should make a big push to sell these"

I like how Mark Shuttleworth described it as how we want to avoid "accidental Linux users" because of the backlash you mentioned above.

maniacmusician
May 25th, 2007, 03:34 PM
That's a pretty good point. So, if we tell everyone we know to buy an Ubuntu Dell, then Dell may think "oh, this is more than just for Linux nerds" and they'll tell Wal*Mart "hey guys listen, these things have been selling like hotcakes, you guys should make a big push to sell these"

I like how Mark Shuttleworth described it as how we want to avoid "accidental Linux users" because of the backlash you mentioned above.
yeah, we don't want that. And don't push your friends into using Ubuntu. They have to want to use it, and they have to really understand it and be educated about how Ubuntu works, how its different than windows, but not worse than it.

It takes a lot of time and effort to properly educate someone about that kind of stuff; this is because most people aren't willing to work that hard to learn on OS on their own, but if they have some guidance, they might well get used to it.

dca
May 25th, 2007, 03:57 PM
This could turn into the worlds largest, 'I told you so'. The benefits for user(s) not in an enterprise environment was price. There should be a savings involved by not agreeing w/ Windows EULA and getting Linux. If a Dell PC costs $599 w/ Vista Basic, if you opted for Linux, you should see the savings (minus the Windows license). This is not going to happen. I think we're going to see (in no small help by MS) GNU/Linux workstations costing $100 more than a Windows box w/ less features, memory, etc. The cause and excuse will be the OEM driver-factor of certain components installed. Chr*st, you're better off buying a Dell w/ Vista Basic, taking your chances on the config, and blowing it away in favor of Ubuntu...

Crafty Kisses
May 25th, 2007, 04:20 PM

And currently for $599 you can get an Inspiron or Dimension with ubuntu http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/ubuntu?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

This will be great if true.

Hendrixski
May 25th, 2007, 04:47 PM
I think we're going to see (in no small help by MS) GNU/Linux workstations costing $100 more than a Windows box w/ less features, memory, etc. The cause and excuse will be the OEM driver-factor of certain components installed.

:-( way to go ruining my happy moment. But you're right, the price for that same model computer with Vista is actually less. :-/ Would that price go down when the sales of Ubuntu computers goes up?

If it does, maybe then it'll be attractive to Wal*Mart who will tell its employees not to say that it's a nerd toy.

forrestcupp
May 25th, 2007, 05:20 PM
:-( way to go ruining my happy moment. But you're right, the price for that same model computer with Vista is actually less. :-/ Would that price go down when the sales of Ubuntu computers goes up?

If it does, maybe then it'll be attractive to Wal*Mart who will tell its employees not to say that it's a nerd toy.

What are you guys talking about? All of the computers I have seen on there cost considerably less with Ubuntu installed.

tehbeermang
May 25th, 2007, 05:23 PM
[url]So... Will Dell be selling the $599 laptop to the masses at Wal*Mart? It would be my only trip to Wal-Mart if they did.

tgm4883
May 25th, 2007, 08:02 PM
What are you guys talking about? All of the computers I have seen on there cost considerably less with Ubuntu installed.

The laptop does cost less with ubuntu installed, but it isn't the same machine as the options with the non ubuntu version are much better.

Celegorm
May 25th, 2007, 08:30 PM
According to this, the Ubuntu pc's cost $140-$50 less than their windows counterparts.
Dell Prices - Vista vs. Ubuntu (http://www.cs.uml.edu/~ntuck/dellbuntu/)

andnobodyslept
May 25th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Quick question. Does anyone have any facts about how many ubuntu computers dell have received orders for? I know it has been under 24 hours, but it might be interesting if they had already sold 2,000 of their prospective 20,000 units.

hanzomon4
May 25th, 2007, 09:35 PM
WalMart is the great evil, we are living in the end times.. :lolflag:

No but really I doubt we will see GNU in walmart..

Cows
May 25th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Walmart does sell Linspire computers, but they are online only. You will never see a Linspire computer in an actual store. I can almost guarantee it will be the same with Ubuntu.

This is true because when I go to circuit city and I enter there computer section EVERYTHING is Windows Vista but when I go online I see Macs..

Hendrixski
May 26th, 2007, 10:01 PM
This is true because when I go to circuit city and I enter there computer section EVERYTHING is Windows Vista but when I go online I see Macs..

Well... GNU already tried to sell at Wal*Mart... a while back Linspire tried to sell there, and you can still get it through the website, but they encourage you not to buy it.

Frak
May 29th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Well good news, I just bought a Dell XPS 410 N w/ 1 Year of Std Support from Canonical.
Helping the cause to bring a good :) effect.

silent1643
May 29th, 2007, 02:17 PM
are the ubuntu dell's going to be offered in the wal-mart stores as well?

manutdfan2850
May 29th, 2007, 02:19 PM
as of right now i believe its online only

silent1643
May 29th, 2007, 02:20 PM
aww sucky sucky i was thinking of saving shipping cost in the future hehe

Terl
May 29th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Neither versions show up on the walmart website yet. It might be better to ask Dell.

esoterica
May 29th, 2007, 02:26 PM
I know a couple Malls have like Dell Kiosk type stores in them, but I've never seen any Dell computers sold at any WalMart I've ever been to. If you have this where you live it's got to be some type of experimental market thing.

Personally, one of the best things about ordering a new Dell computer online vs. buying in a brick and mortar store is the ability to custom select what options you want built into it for the hardware. Buying one in a store may mean you walk out with it that same day, but custom selecting the options it's built with to me is well worth the 3-5 day wait to custom order one online directly from Dell.

To me this is pretty important on a laptop (desktops I'd just build myself from newegg.com or outpost.com aka Fry's) since your for the most part stuck with what you get on a laptop so for what they cost you better make sure it already has everything you want in it.

HeftyOrb
May 29th, 2007, 02:29 PM
even with ubuntu on them, I doubt that you will see a dell in wal-mart. Even more so that I've started seeing dell stores.

esoterica
May 29th, 2007, 02:31 PM
aww sucky sucky i was thinking of saving shipping cost in the future hehe

You need to learn how to shop Dell on line better, I've order a lot of computers and hardware from them and I've never had to pay for shipping. I also always search till I find coupon codes for them so I end up getting usualy and extra several hundred dollars worth of upgrades for the same price.

silent1643
May 29th, 2007, 02:35 PM
even with ubuntu on them, I doubt that you will see a dell in wal-mart. Even more so that I've started seeing dell stores.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18845098/

silent1643
May 29th, 2007, 02:36 PM
You need to learn how to shop Dell on line better, I've order a lot of computers and hardware from them and I've never had to pay for shipping. I also always search till I find coupon codes for them so I end up getting usualy and extra several hundred dollars worth of upgrades for the same price.

true, i will keep watching for deals etc...

esoterica
May 29th, 2007, 02:41 PM
P.S.
Not that Dells "Windows" support is worth a crap, but it's a free option. That's one downside of Ubuntu, their paid support is crazy expensive.

One of the benefits in ordering a new computer with Linux vs. Windows is it should be cheaper due to the free Open Source OS.

When you do the math though, if you got a new Dell PC with Ubuntu installed and paid the $200 or whatever add on just for the software support it ends up costing you more than a Windows PC and Dell does not offer any software support on these, so you know what that's going to mean, anything at all that goes wrong with it and Dell's worthless tech support is going to blame it on a software issue and leave you hosed unless you pay the insane fee for Ubuntu support just to tell you it's a hardware issue. Fortunately the Ubuntu community support here is unmatched though!

Trust me, new Dell computers certainly have hardware issues. My Dell Latitude D820 Laptop has had about every piece of hardware on it replaced twice now and it's only 6 months old. Dell's worthless tech support of course suggested reinstalling Windows as a solution each time because their just as worthless diagnostic utilities kept saying nothing was wrong with the hardware. Good thing this laptop came with a 3 year warranty at no additional cost.

Brunellus
May 29th, 2007, 03:33 PM

No.

The syllogism is false because you are omitting one key fact: Dell is selling its Ubuntu and FreeDOS systems exclusively on the Dell website. They have made not statement to the contrary.

The only retailer I have seen selling pre-installed Linux (Linspire) *on the showroom* is MicroCenter.

tgm4883
May 29th, 2007, 04:11 PM
P.S.
Trust me, new Dell computers certainly have hardware issues. My Dell Latitude D820 Laptop has had about every piece of hardware on it replaced twice now and it's only 6 months old. Dell's worthless tech support of course suggested reinstalling Windows as a solution each time because their just as worthless diagnostic utilities kept saying nothing was wrong with the hardware. Good thing this laptop came with a 3 year warranty at no additional cost.

That sucks. My Inspiron 5100 (yes the one with all the heat issues) runs just fine 4 years later. Maybe thats cause I know how to care for computers and know not to call Dell Support (put linux on it so I couldn't call them if I wanted to)

Sunflower1970
May 29th, 2007, 05:29 PM
That sucks. My Inspiron 5100 (yes the one with all the heat issues) runs just fine 4 years later. Maybe thats cause I know how to care for computers and know not to call Dell Support (put linux on it so I couldn't call them if I wanted to)

I use Dell's forums. Better and faster help there, and free even after the warranty is over. :)

esoterica
May 30th, 2007, 03:06 AM

It's a $3,000 laptop, trust me, it's not abused, but I'm certainly happy it is considered a Dell Business grade laptop which means it automatically comes with the 3 year warranty at no additional charge. The very first problem it had was it kept crashing, we finally confirmed it was one of the memory chips in slot one that was bad, so Dell sent me out another stick of memory Next Day Air at no cost. A week later the power supply on the AC adapter just completely went dead, Dell sent a new one Next Day Air no charge. Then the memory went bad again, same slot, this time I talked them into replacing the memory and the motherboard. I didn't want to deal with replacing the motherboard myself in a laptop so I had to send it in to them for service. Dell did make this very easy, that same day at my local DHL shipping office they had a box and labels already for me to NDA ship it to Dell. Dell had it one day and sent it back to me Next Day Air, however DHL lost it for well over a week, couldn't find it anywhere, just as I was getting ready to write it off as stolen by DHL and dell was preparing to send me a new laptop to replace it DHL suddenly out of no where knocked on my door with it (I had also just hung up the phone with DHL customer service who confirmed it was "lost").

WiFi kept dropping it's connections, Dell sent me 2 times new built in wireless mini cards (Broadcom Dell branded), yet the problems continued. Had to ship it back to Dell again at their request to replace the mother board again, which still didn't fix the problem. Was finally able to convince Dell moronic support that the problem was the Broadcom WIFi card and after a major pain in the a$$ was able to finally get them to send me the Intel WIFi card instead, which has worked fine ever since. Then the nVidia video card started acting screwy and kept getting worse. Had to ship it in again for another mother board.

Mixed in there somewhere we also had the recent laptop battery recall epidemic, so the battery had to be replaced for this.

A couple months ago the hard drive started grinding and making noise, had to have it replaced. BlueTooth stopped working, it was the little bluetooth card, had to replace that. DVD burner decided it was going to stop working, had to have it replaced.

Personally, I suspected Dells Windows XP drivers to be the actual cause of most of these problems, but it was impossible to get anyone at Dell to listen to this and instead their support just got into the one track mind set of always just wanting to replace the hardware. When Vista finally hit the store shelves I went into my local Best Buy that same day and bought the full box version (not the upgrade) of 32bit Vista Business. Done a low level (zero fill) format on the hard drive, installed Vista without using any of Dells drivers and I haven't had a problem with it since.

If Linux had better quality graphics and better quality software for high quality DVD playback I would have installed Linux on it by now, but as it is it seems like a complete waste to install low quality Linux graphics etc... on such a high end video card and monitor and system.

I do also have a one year old Dell Inspiron 1501, that I bought to carry around with me and pretty much considered it disposable because it was so cheap, but I've never had the first problem with it, which is a good thing too because it only had a 90 day warranty on it.

I have a stack of old Dell laptops in my closet that I've never had problems with, some are as much as 10 years old and still work with their original Windows installs on them, the hardware is just so outdated on them that I can't stand using them for anything so they just collect dust. I did have FreeBSD installed on one of them though that I was using as only a firewall and router for my LAN, but new prebuilt firewall routers have gotten so much better and cheaper over the years I no longer use it.

I have a brand new medium end (compared to my D820) Toshiba laptop I bought because it was extremely small and light and easier for me to carry to school. It has the on board Intel video 950 card in it so I wasn't so much concerned about wasting high end quality and do have Linux installed on it. I bought it at my local Circuit City, got it dirt cheap. It was a $1300 laptop, their last one and it was a display model (in a glass case). The store had lost the install disk's for it and the battery, plus they didn't know what the XP password was on it. They had it marked down to $800, I talked the manager down to finally getting it for $510 with tax (knowing I was always going to just install Linux on it anyhow so the missing Windows CD and unknown password was never a real concern of mine). Wasn't sure at the time though which distro I was going to try this time, I was favoring Debian, but did a google search on Linux to see what other new distros were available and Ubuntu came up at the top of the search list. So I decided since it must be a very popular distro it's likely going to be better supported and I went with it. Downloaded the ISO and booted to it, I was surprised to see the Knoppix like way it ran right from the install CD (I wasn't aware it would do that), seen all my hardware worked out of the box with it, so I installed Ubuntu and the rest is history, I've been extremely happy with Ubuntu and the more I use it the more impressed with it I keep getting.

Many manufacturers over the years have at various times offered Linux as an optional OS on new systems, RedHat likely being one of the more popular all of them have offered. It's always died though and every time they eventually stop offering it. I wouldn't get too excited about Ubuntu now being offered by Dell, with past history as our lesson it's likely going to be a short lived option. The big killer has always been support. Companies like Dell just can't find and keep staff that are capable of supporting it, not to mention Linux is just by the nature of it very difficult to support already. If Dell started hiring and training their own Linux support team then possibly we'd have an indication the life of this was going to endure a little longer. Creating a brand new department, staffing and training it isn't going to be found by the Dell bean counters though to be a money making venture so I doubt we'll ever see that happen.

Ubuntu's paid support is too expensive, even as a Dell Ubuntu install option, the cost of the software support is making it a not very practical option. If Ubuntu wanted to see this thing take off better with Dell, then they should discount their software support for at least the first 90 days. As it is now though, Dell would be better off just offering home computers like they offer their servers, the ability to order them with no Operating System installed, at a reduced cost. The Ubuntu installed option makes it an impractical option though when you add in the increased cost of support through Ubuntu. This is going to be a huge turn off for a lot of people. It's cheaper to buy a Dell Windows installed system, you get full support at no additional cost, and you can install Linux on it yourself on a different hard drive. If it hoses up and you need hardware support that requires sending it in then you just pop the original Windows installed Dell hard drive back in it and send it back to Dell.

The $200 you'd otherwise be paying just to get support from Ubuntu would pay for a very nice second laptop hard drive for doing this. On Desktops you could buy two additional hard drives for this same money and still have full Dell support for free.

I understand running a support center for Ubuntu isn't cheap, but if they want this deal with Dell to even have a remote chance of surviving they are going to need to come up with a way to reduce their cost of support on these systems. Right now, as things are, if you price compare Ubuntu with Support vs. Vista with support your coming out cheaper buying the Microsoft product. I think Ubuntu is great, don't get me wrong on that, but it's certainly not in a position where it can go head to head price wise with the current Microsoft Operating System like this and expect to win or even gain any ground on that battle. That's just the sad reality of it.

aysiu
May 30th, 2007, 03:12 AM
Who buys software support from Dell anyway for a consumer laptop?

Only businesses would do that. The best support you can get as a home user is online from volunteers (not Dell's phone support)... for both Windows and Ubuntu.

Praill
May 30th, 2007, 03:23 AM
The laptop does cost less with ubuntu installed, but it isn't the same machine as the options with the non ubuntu version are much better.
Unfortunately youre wrong. I was greatly dissapointed by this when i saw it on dells website.
I built an inspiron 1505n with ubuntu for like $1100, and then built an inspiron 6400 with more memory and a graphics card for $999 (both in canadian funds).

Im not really sure why the linux version is more expensive, but it is.

tgm4883
May 30th, 2007, 04:03 AM
Unfortunately youre wrong. I was greatly dissapointed by this when i saw it on dells website.
I built an inspiron 1505n with ubuntu for like $1100, and then built an inspiron 6400 with more memory and a graphics card for $999 (both in canadian funds).

Im not really sure why the linux version is more expensive, but it is.

No the exact same laptop 1505n vs the 1505 is about $80 less expensive. But the options are not the same so the vista version is a better computer. The 6400 (from the small business section?) is definetly a better deal. But the small business section ALWAYS gets better deals.

enopepsoo
May 30th, 2007, 04:07 AM
shopping at wal mart is wrong.

tgm4883
May 30th, 2007, 04:20 AM

Then I don't want to be right

macogw
May 30th, 2007, 07:10 AM

That just depends WHICH Circuit City you visit. Some have Apple Stores inside them, some don't. Same with CompUSA.

steven8
May 30th, 2007, 07:30 AM

Then I don't want to be right

enopepsoo is right.

forrestcupp
May 30th, 2007, 05:07 PM

Walmart is a trap. They are definitely a bully. But when you're poor, it's the place to shop.

tehbeermang
May 30th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Walmart is a trap.
I have only one purpose for that place: they sell wood glue, super77 and a limited selection of wood finishes and paints after the hardware stores close. I avoid it between 6a and 10p, there's too many people in there.

Brunellus
May 30th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Walmart is a trap. They are definitely a bully. But when you're poor, it's the place to shop.
This thread is rapidly sliding off-topic. If anyone has anything substantive to add about the Dell/Wal*Mart deal, let him add it. Other discussions about Wal*Mart more generally belong in their own thread.

aysiu
May 30th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Isn't this thread title misleading? I've not seen any news stories indicating that Ubuntu Dells will be sold at Wal-Mart--only the possibility that regular Windows Dell computers would be sold at Wal-Mart.

Brunellus
May 30th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Isn't this thread title misleading? I've not seen any news stories indicating that Ubuntu Dells will be sold at Wal-Mart--only the possibility that regular Windows Dell computers would be sold at Wal-Mart.
we've dealt with that in the body of the thread...early on.

aysiu
May 30th, 2007, 07:36 PM
we've dealt with that in the body of the thread...early on.
I didn't see anything early on, but on page 4, you said
No.

The syllogism is false because you are omitting one key fact: Dell is selling its Ubuntu and FreeDOS systems exclusively on the Dell website. They have made not statement to the contrary.

The only retailer I have seen selling pre-installed Linux (Linspire) *on the showroom* is MicroCenter. which only reinforces the idea that the thread title is misleading.

Unless someone pipes up soon, I'm just going to retitle this thread Dell computers to be sold at Wal-Mart

There's absolutely no indication this has anything to do with Ubuntu Dell computers.

Brunellus
May 30th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I didn't see anything early on, but on page 4, you said which only reinforces the idea that the thread title is misleading.

Unless someone pipes up soon, I'm just going to retitle this thread Dell computers to be sold at Wal-Mart

There's absolutely no indication this has anything to do with Ubuntu Dell computers.
no objection.

aysiu
May 30th, 2007, 07:38 PM
no objection.
All right. I've retitled the thread.

Hendrixski
June 2nd, 2007, 02:45 AM

I know a couple Malls have like Dell Kiosk type stores in them, but I've never seen any Dell computers sold at any WalMart I've ever been to. If you have this where you live it's got to be some type of experimental market thing.

umm... there's an article on page #1 about how Dell will start selling computers at Wal*Mart
The question was would they be selling Ubuntu Dells at Wal*Mart? Turns out that not yet.