PDA

View Full Version : xubuntu should have shipit!

dan171717
May 23rd, 2007, 08:54 PM
i think to get more pepole to use xubuntu canonical should do a xubuntu ship it like they do with ubuntu. this way more pepole could get hold of linux

older compters dont tend to have good broadband . that means they cant dowload a 500mb iso file. xubuntu is made with older computers in mind! it says it is not avalable due to lack of funding on the xubuntu website but xubuntu is an offical version of ubuntu!. i dowloaded xubuntu once and it it was very slow on a 2.8ghz 512 ram and did not load on my laptop saying i had a broken bios! my bios was fine! i think it was a bad iso as i have been told xububntu is very fast!

never mind!!!!! :)

bonzodog
May 23rd, 2007, 08:56 PM
A Xubuntu ship-it is in the pipeline, possibly for Gutsy. Watch this space :D

earobinson
May 23rd, 2007, 08:57 PM
Im pretty sure you have to be officaly supported to have ship it and as of yet xubuntu is not. you can always do a
sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop

lyceum
May 23rd, 2007, 09:14 PM
Im pretty sure you have to be officaly supported to have ship it and as of yet xubuntu is not. you can always do a
sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop

Xubuntu is offical, it is on the main Ubuntu website as an option.

earobinson
May 23rd, 2007, 09:18 PM
ya, I remember reading a reason for it a while back, ill see if I can find it, this (https://bugs.launchpad.net/shipit/+bug/62318) seems to be the launchpad bug for shipit

dan171717
May 23rd, 2007, 09:48 PM
A Xubuntu ship-it is in the pipeline, possibly for Gutsy. Watch this space :D sounds good, was it because pepole asked for it??