PDA

View Full Version : Did you have a strange dream last night?

Mazza558
May 23rd, 2007, 05:53 PM
I'm asking because my sister, my sister's boyfriend, a friend of mine and me all had unusual dreams and they all remembered them last night. I'm sure it was just coinidence that the first 3 people I spoke to happened to remember them, but just to check... :D

(In case this thread is still active in a couple of day's time, the date was 23rd of May)

LaRoza
May 23rd, 2007, 06:09 PM
I had a dream about using a hex editor to analyze someones thoughts. I forget the details, and am not about to confabulate, so I can't say more.

hyperair
May 23rd, 2007, 06:28 PM
Heheh it wasn't last night, but a few nights ago I had these 6 dreams or so, with me waking up and going back to sleep in between them. All were of the same place, but different sections of the place. I can't remember the details now though, but one thing was certain: in each dream I experienced, I remembered all the previous dreams. The last dream had me realizing it was a dream and proving it by pinching myself >< Funny sensation. It didn't hurt, but it just sort of tingled a little. Like you can feel the pinch, minus the pain.

p.s. I usually have dreamless nights. That's the first dream that I woke up and remembered in 3-4 months I reckon.

ThinkBuntu
May 23rd, 2007, 06:28 PM
I know my dream was pretty interesting, but I forgot what happened.

bapoumba
May 23rd, 2007, 06:32 PM
Which timezone ? ^^

%hMa@?b<C
May 23rd, 2007, 06:33 PM
I didnt sleep last night at all. Studying for a big test. Maybe it will transfer to today.

Mazza558
May 23rd, 2007, 06:33 PM
Which timezone ? ^^

GMT.

hyperair
May 23rd, 2007, 06:35 PM
I'm sure it wouldn't really matter, because you sleep at night at whatever timezone you're at anyway :P As long as it's 23th May it would be fine right?

v8YKxgHe
May 23rd, 2007, 06:37 PM
I hardly ever remember what I dream :( I've only remembered about ... 2 this year =\

bapoumba
May 23rd, 2007, 06:37 PM
GMT.
So I was already awake when this happened. The little grey aliens did visit me several hours before you though ;)

ComplexNumber
May 23rd, 2007, 06:42 PM
I hardly ever remember what I dream :( I've only remembered about ... 2 this year =\
i was thinking that the other day. i haven't had hardly any dreams where i can remember them recently-ish. don't know if thats a worrying thing.

tcpip4lyfe
May 23rd, 2007, 06:47 PM
Heheh it wasn't last night, but a few nights ago I had these 6 dreams or so, with me waking up and going back to sleep in between them. All were of the same place, but different sections of the place. I can't remember the details now though, but one thing was certain: in each dream I experienced, I remembered all the previous dreams. The last dream had me realizing it was a dream and proving it by pinching myself >< Funny sensation. It didn't hurt, but it just sort of tingled a little. Like you can feel the pinch, minus the pain.

p.s. I usually have dreamless nights. That's the first dream that I woke up and remembered in 3-4 months I reckon.

Lol that happens to me ALL the time. Its kind of fun.

v8YKxgHe
May 23rd, 2007, 06:51 PM
i was thinking that the other day. i haven't had hardly any dreams where i can remember them recently-ish. don't know if thats a worrying thing.

At least we remember that we don't remember them :p

ComplexNumber
May 23rd, 2007, 06:57 PM
At least we remember that we don't remember them :p
yes, always try to look on the bright side of things :p

Outrunner
May 23rd, 2007, 08:14 PM
:lolflag: Wow, I DID have a strange dream last night. Well, ok, it was more random than strange. I dreamt that I was playing Starcraft(big surprise!) and was destroying a terran base with a bunch of Carriers... Hmmm, I wonder what to make of that? I don't even play protoss usually, mostly zerg.

Engnome
May 23rd, 2007, 08:21 PM
I remember at least one dream/night as I have trained my dream recall. Last night was odd, but since all my dreams are odd there was nothing extraordinary with that. :)

jclmusic
May 23rd, 2007, 08:31 PM
i was being chased through some woods in my dream lol maybe i'm paranoid :p

lyceum
May 23rd, 2007, 09:08 PM
I have strange dreams every night.

ComplexNumber
May 23rd, 2007, 09:16 PM
I have strange dreams every night.

cut down on the cheese ;)

mills
May 23rd, 2007, 09:45 PM
i had that dream when you try and defend yourself in a fight but the punches are as weak as a wet cigarette and the harder you try the weaker they get,
haven't had it in years and was the first memorable dream ive had in a while

starcraft.man
May 23rd, 2007, 09:48 PM
I uh... never remember my dreams >.>. I guess maybe I'm just weird...

insane_alien
May 23rd, 2007, 09:56 PM
i was chasing a giant ham sandwich along a street cause he owed me £100. pretty random. even for me.

v8YKxgHe
May 23rd, 2007, 10:14 PM
i was chasing a giant ham sandwich along a street cause he owed me £100. pretty random. even for me.

ahahahah that's made my day :p

Bezmotivnik
May 24th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Funny...I just re-read The Call of Cthulhu (http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Call_of_Cthulhu) (yes, it's a story,not a game :rolleyes:) last night.;)

markitect
May 24th, 2007, 01:33 PM
I usually don't remember my dreams, but last night i was attacked by a bear!!

cliv
May 24th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Nope didnt dream anything this night, but the night prior to the Starcraft 2 announcement i dreamed that I played broodwar :)

argie
May 24th, 2007, 01:40 PM
I'm asking because my sister, my sister's boyfriend, a friend of mine and me all had unusual dreams and they all remembered them last night. I'm sure it was just coinidence that the first 3 people I spoke to happened to remember them, but just to check... :D

(In case this thread is still active in a couple of day's time, the date was 23rd of May)

I had two very unusual dreams the night of the 20th, i.e. I woke up on the 21st, and they were real unusual. I've even gotten them written down because of that though they're still stuck in my head. Nothing since then though. Funny.

Bezmotivnik
May 24th, 2007, 09:15 PM
The notes in question were those descriptive of the dreams of various persons covering the same period as that in which young Wilcox had had his strange visitations. My uncle, it seems, had quickly instituted a prodigiously far-flung body of inquires amongst nearly all the friends whom he could question without impertinence, asking for nightly reports of their dreams, and the dates of any notable visions for some time past. The reception of his request seems to have varied; but he must, at the very least, have received more responses than any ordinary man could have handled without a secretary. This original correspondence was not preserved, but his notes formed a thorough and really significant digest. Average people in society and business - New England's traditional "salt of the earth" - gave an almost completely negative result, though scattered cases of uneasy but formless nocturnal impressions appear here and there, always between March 23 and April 2 - the period of young Wilcox's delirium. Scientific men were little more affected, though four cases of vague description suggest fugitive glimpses of strange landscapes, and in one case there is mentioned a dread of something abnormal.

It was from the artists and poets that the pertinent answers came, and I know that panic would have broken loose had they been able to compare notes. As it was, lacking their original letters, I half suspected the compiler of having asked leading questions, or of having edited the correspondence in corroboration of what he had latently resolved to see. That is why I continued to feel that Wilcox, somehow cognizant of the old data which my uncle had possessed, had been imposing on the veteran scientist. These responses from esthetes told disturbing tale. From February 28 to April 2 a large proportion of them had dreamed very bizarre things, the intensity of the dreams being immeasurably the stronger during the period of the sculptor's delirium.

H. P. Lovecraft -- The Call of Cthulhu [e-text (http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Call_of_Cthulhu)]

randell6564
May 24th, 2007, 09:24 PM
It wasn't strange at all, but I DO remember it, and I DID get very pissed off when I awoke because.,well because it ENDED!:(

TBOL3
May 24th, 2007, 10:54 PM
I had a dream about lucid dreams. (Lucid Dreams are when you know when your asleep, and you use that to have fun with your dream). However, I was NOT lucid.