PDA

View Full Version : color codes

McNabUx
May 23rd, 2007, 02:37 PM
Hi

I am making a norwegian webside about opensource, Linux and Ubuntu and would like to use the Ubuntu colors, does anyone know what the color codes are ?

23meg
May 23rd, 2007, 02:47 PM
They're listed at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Official.

ThinkBuntu
May 23rd, 2007, 02:49 PM
Your image app doesn't have a color sampler (eyedrop)? I've sampled these from a random Ubuntu logo. They may not be 100% perfect.

In any case, here they are with easy-to-type approximations too:

Yellow: #FFC020 (#FC0 will get you pretty darn close)
Red: #DA0000 (#DA0)
Orange: #FF7510 (#F71)

Orange is my favorite color (you have to hear that in exchange for my help) :^)

saulgoode
May 23rd, 2007, 02:59 PM
If you have the GIMP installed on your computer, you can open the "File->Dialogs->Colors" window and use its 'eyedropper' to sample any pixel on your screen. Yeah, it's overkill for such a simple task but everyone has the GIMP, no?

ThinkBuntu
May 23rd, 2007, 03:07 PM
If you have the GIMP installed on your computer, you can open the "File->Dialogs->Colors" window and use its 'eyedropper' to sample any pixel on your screen. Yeah, it's overkill for such a simple task but everyone has the GIMP, no?
gPaint has an eyedropper too. I'm guessing Kolourpaint (KDE/Qt app) has one as well.

gPaint: A great tool for simple drawing and editing (never for production) or for when you're too high to figure GIMP out :^)

Polygon
May 23rd, 2007, 03:28 PM
another good color picker is GColor2

crimesaucer
May 23rd, 2007, 05:16 PM
Agave is a pretty cool tool for finding matching pallets. It also has a color picking tool.

Most apps can customize colors with a color picker. Orage clock, Emerald, Exaile!, the CPU graph plug-in...you can always just use the color picker from one of those to find out what a color is. Firefox once had an extension for color picking, but I think it stopped at 1.5.