PDA

View Full Version : Compiling QT4: Problems with XF86VidMode

kamstrup
June 29th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Surfing the wave, I went straight for compiling QT4 this morning, but ran into some troubles after a lengthy compilation.

My compilation exits with the following error:

g++ -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib -o grabber .obj/debug-shared/glwidget.o .obj/debug-shared/main.o .obj/debug-shared/mainwindow.o .obj/debug-shared/moc_glwidget.o .obj/debug-shared/moc_mainwindow.o -L/media/space/programs/qt-x11-opensource-desktop-4.0.0/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/media/space/programs/qt-x11-opensource-desktop-4.0.0/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lQtOpenGL_debug -lQtGui_debug -lpng -lSM -lICE -lXi -lXrender -lXrandr -lfreetype -lfontconfig -lXext -lX11 -lm -lQtCore_debug -lz -ldl -lGLU -lGL -lpthread
/media/space/programs/qt-x11-opensource-desktop-4.0.0/lib/libQtOpenGL_debug.so: undefined reference to `XF86VidModeQueryVersion'
/media/space/programs/qt-x11-opensource-desktop-4.0.0/lib/libQtOpenGL_debug.so: undefined reference to `XF86VidModeGetModeLine'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I do have the libxxf86vm1 package installed and have the file /usr/X11R6/include/X11/extensions/xf86vmode.h, so what gives ..?

Other apps/libs requiring XF86VidMode stuff has been compilng nicely otherwise. Any clues?

Cheers!

kamstrup
June 30th, 2005, 07:35 AM
Common! Am I the only one who's anxious to see the new Arthur rendering system. It's supposed to beat Cairo. Atleast that's what I've heard...