PDA

View Full Version : Dyson Vacuums

tehbeermang
May 23rd, 2007, 05:28 AM
Keeping a dell topic on topic:

@prizrak
Dyson vacuums are actually not that great. They dont LOSE suction, but they dont have much to begin with. LOL. Mine beats the crap out of the eureka it replaced.

atoponce
May 23rd, 2007, 05:31 AM
My Dyson has been one of the smartest investments that I have made in my life. After going through 2 Hoovers and an Oreck, the Dyson is a life-saver. Not a lot of suction to begin with?? Heh. My Dyson is the first vacuum that I have owned that picks up the dog hair all over my house.

Tux Aubrey
May 23rd, 2007, 05:40 AM
My Dyson is four years old and is still pulling the nails out of the floorboards. Dog hair? We actually had to get a bigger and heavier dog after an accident with the Dyson.;)

ubuntu-geek
May 23rd, 2007, 05:44 AM
Love my dyson!

bonzodog
May 23rd, 2007, 03:34 PM
Yeah, Dyson's are great.

The washing machines they now do are cool as well.

I had problems with my Dyson DC01 and it blew the motor. It was 2 yrs old and outside the warranty. I rang Dyson Customer Services, and they suggested I send it back to them, and for 70 Pounds GB, they would sort it out.

I got it back two weeks later looking like brand new. The bin had been cleaned out and everything!

mitch.c
May 23rd, 2007, 04:37 PM
The washing machines they now do are cool as well.
Washing machines?! I had no idea. Sign me up... we love our Dyson.

PriceChild
May 23rd, 2007, 04:51 PM
Still got our first DC01... its had several parts replaced with funky purply bits but its the same inside :)

mjitkop
May 23rd, 2007, 04:55 PM
Have one and is the best vacuum I have ever owned. Picks up stuff even after using other vaccums before. :popcorn:

mips
May 24th, 2007, 11:58 AM
We actually need more threads like this where people recommend good household products, be it power tools or vacuum cleaners.

I've never heard of Dyson before but I went to look on the web and I found out they are available locally from several chain stores. Will try them when a new one is required.

stueyboy
May 24th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Lack of suction????

The first time we used a Dyson, we had a dog and had just vacuumed that morning. The Dyson dust container was full of dog hairs on the first pass and picked up more second time as well. They are superb vacuums. I've owned three and I got the third serviced last year and it is now good as new.

Cloudedbrains
May 24th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Ive got a purple and lime allergy DCO7 I believe it is and while under warranty its clutch went and they came out next day and fixed it there and then and sent replacement stair hose too (Ours had hole in it) and just last week it played up again but following the online support for our model step by step I fixed it myself (out of warranty now) !!

I recommend using the online support section to guide you thorugh problem solving it really does work !!

I have seriously allergies and brittle asthma type 1 and the allergy model we have has been a god send and meant I havent had to get rid of my dog (used to be 2 dogs) !!

mips
May 24th, 2007, 01:09 PM
I have seriously allergies and brittle asthma type 1 and the allergy model we have has been a god send and meant I havent had to get rid of my dog (used to be 2 dogs) !!

Dogs belong outside if you ask me :)

NumberOne
May 24th, 2007, 01:29 PM
We have had an electrolux for about 11 years and it never needed repair. Why all the repairs for Dyson. Dosen't look good for Dysons's