PDA

View Full Version : Would like to say hello and introduce myself

Big Venus
June 29th, 2005, 06:04 AM
I would like to say hello to everyone, I am new here and, just wanted to say hi...

I switched over from the new and super buggy ubuntu, after listening to Optimal on fedoraforum.org. The way he or she saids, ubuntu must be the average user / with a little programming knowledge best friend...

I have seen the synaptic and man does it have 15 thousand packages or are you all lying about what it can do...

I have been scoping out the forums off and on, and I feel that you all seem to know what you are talking about and that you all don't seem to have all the problems with applications that fedora 4 has...

So as I said earlier, I just want to say hello...

sapo
June 29th, 2005, 06:06 AM
hello and welcome..

first of all.. let me introduce the ubuntu newbie's best friend: www.ubuntuguide.org

if you have more doubts after reading that.. feel free to ask here.. :grin:

Big Venus
June 29th, 2005, 06:08 AM
Thanks I will...

Getting use to ubuntu and debian way of doing things is a little hard, especially since I am or was an avid redhat/fedora user...

sapo
June 29th, 2005, 06:12 AM
Thanks I will...

Getting use to ubuntu and debian way of doing things is a little hard, especially since I am or was an avid redhat/fedora user...

its just a matter of time.. when you get used to apt-get.. you will love it..

sonny
June 29th, 2005, 06:12 AM
hI.. It's always great to have a new member in the community; and to know people are talking about Ubuntu in such a good way, Wellcome to Ubuntu.

bored2k
June 29th, 2005, 06:17 AM
Thanks I will...

I'm the exact opposite :D. My legs start to shake at the thought of dealing with an rpm based distro (although I WAS going to try out FC4, until I was turned off by some opinions.. maybe I will some day).

Anyways, were he're to help. Make sure you read the FAQ so you know the rules and stuff ;) (like, no one's allowed to make fun of each other, etc) http://www.ubuntuforums.org/faq.php?.

poofyhairguy
June 29th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Welcome.

I have seen the synaptic and man does it have 15 thousand packages or are you all lying about what it can do...

Well...that is the home run.

pdk001
June 29th, 2005, 11:44 AM
im a harecore newbie to linux too
those day i dont use linux

Big Venus
June 29th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Thanks you all. And maybe I can help you all out with the knowledge I have about how to use linux... (from the rpm side of things and eventually from the debian side of things)

poofyhairguy
June 29th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Thanks you all. And maybe I can help you all out with the knowledge I have about how to use linux... (from the rpm side of things and eventually from the debian side of things)

Any time you would like to help it would be welcome.