PDA

View Full Version : My first contribution - and I need your help

WalmartSniperLX
May 22nd, 2007, 07:00 AM
I decided that an easy way to contribute to Ubuntu and GNU/Linux is to advertise prebuilt Ubuntu/linux systems and sell them. I plan to target more of the general public in my local area. Now, I need all or as many text/documented resources possible about Ubuntu including Howtos, general information, user guides, and hack tips, compatible hardware/software lists, and etc.

This is a project that I am trying to start with a friend who already owns a private local custom PC store.

With all the documentation I plan on creating a general public oriented users manual or collection of already-made manuals and text to package with the finished systems.

And, I plan on making very little profit with these pcs. I already have a job and I simply want to do this for funwith my goal in mind to promote linux in my local town, and not necessarily to make profit.

This will take time though since my friend's business is really new (just less than a year old). Things wont take off for another year or more. And, I don't expect anything large but in the meantime, I want to see what I can get going to help benefit alternatives to Windows.

Currently this is still in the planning stage. So I wont actually consider anything until I feel that I am ready to begin advertising. Advertising alone can be a handful >.<

Remember this is only a project that I am doing inside of my friends business, inwhich mainly aims toward MS systems >.<. I do not expect anything large coming out of this except pure joy :D Not to mention my friend has only had 3-4 clients within the last several months or so, and they were recommended by friends who know him :P

WalmartSniperLX
May 22nd, 2007, 07:07 AM
Well the help.ubuntu page is useful and I found a wiki. :D Actually I always knew they were there but I just had to say that.