PDA

View Full Version : Cedega

gdboling
June 28th, 2005, 10:56 PM
I found out about Cedega today and since I am a huge fan of World of Warcraft and since I really want to lose my Windows partition and WoW is the only thing keeping me from doing that I'd like to find out more about Cedega.

I didn't see anyway of grabbing a demo to test out so I'll have to take word of mouth on this I suppose. Is anyone using it? Are you using it for World of Warcraft? And what is the performance like compared to running the game(s) on Windows with the same hardware?

Thanks for any information.

sonny
June 28th, 2005, 11:01 PM
You might be interested in Frank' scorner, this link (http://www.frankscorner.org/index.php?p=cedegacvs) might help you in your quest...

poofyhairguy
June 28th, 2005, 11:03 PM
I found out about Cedega today and since I am a huge fan of World of Warcraft and since I really want to lose my Windows partition and WoW is the only thing keeping me from doing that I'd like to find out more about Cedega.

I didn't see anyway of grabbing a demo to test out so I'll have to take word of mouth on this I suppose. Is anyone using it? Are you using it for World of Warcraft? And what is the performance like compared to running the game(s) on Windows with the same hardware?

Thanks for any information.

Quick question- do you have an nvidia card? Because Cedaga works GREAT with my Nvidia card, and not so great (as in constant artifacts) with my ATI card with the newest drivers.

gdboling
June 28th, 2005, 11:30 PM
Quick question- do you have an nvidia card? Because Cedaga works GREAT with my Nvidia card, and not so great (as in constant artifacts) with my ATI card with the newest drivers.

Nope, I have an ATI Radeon Mobility 9800. Thanks for the information. I'll keep that in mind.

gdboling
June 28th, 2005, 11:32 PM
You might be interested in Frank' scorner, this link (http://www.frankscorner.org/index.php?p=cedegacvs) might help you in your quest...

Thanks, when I have some free time I'll try and get to that. Ugh, building from source. This never goes as planned. :)