PDA

View Full Version : Dell Hypocrite?

Dscottmc7
May 20th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Dell announced introduction of Ubuntu OS for its "Small Business" systems. "Ready to ship," said Michael Dell. No Ubuntu and you have to load and support the FreeDOS yourself! Any way to make a buck?

aysiu
May 20th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Huh? Do you have a link to Michael Dell saying they're being shipped right now?

As far as I know, they'll be available May 24.

Tundro Walker
May 21st, 2007, 02:05 AM
Dell announced introduction of Ubuntu OS for its "Small Business" systems. "Ready to ship," said Michael Dell. No Ubuntu and you have to load and support the FreeDOS yourself! Any way to make a buck?

I'm confused by what you're saying. They're introducing Ubuntu by NOT loading it on Small Business computers?

aysiu
May 21st, 2007, 02:09 AM
Actually, everything I've read about the Dell-Ubuntu deal has said the Ubuntu computers will be consumer PCs, not small-business ones.

bobbybobington
May 21st, 2007, 03:07 AM

Dell has a series of business workstations that they've had for a while that are essentially OS less (version of freeDOS). But these have existed for some time. However the consumer computers with ubuntu preloaded are new. These are two different offerings for different demographics and are completely seperate. So don't worry about having to install ubuntu on the new series of dells as it is already installed. Hope this clears things up.:popcorn: