PDA

View Full Version : Which e-mail client do you use?

Jujimufu
June 28th, 2005, 09:27 AM
I'm just curious what everybody uses? There are so many. I was using Balsa for a bit, then got sick of it's noises and some of the error messages. Thunderbird seems good, I've used it before and maybe again. I've never tried Ximian evolution... hMmmm...

What do ya'll use and why?

Jason-X
June 28th, 2005, 10:34 AM
I use Thunderbird. Nice, simple and works well. I never liked Evolution. It's a bit over the top for me. I just want to read/write email.

:)
Jason-X

qalimas
June 28th, 2005, 10:54 AM
I use the one built into my browser (Opera)

jzke
June 28th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Gmail... I don't have any other email addy, and it's free, big... but no IMAP access, so I use the webmail interface.

N'Jal
June 28th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Thunderbird, since evolution never works for me.

-Rick-
June 28th, 2005, 11:59 AM
KMail, Gmail

marsian
June 28th, 2005, 12:24 PM
I used Thunderbird but since I had some troubles with the sync of my Palm, I've switched to Evolution. With Evolution I can retrieve my contacts from my Palm and moreover can backup my appointements, tasks and so on... so Evolution fits my needs and that's perfect for me !

BWF89
June 28th, 2005, 12:52 PM
I don't use one. I just go to Gmail.Google.com to read my emal.

mailophobic
June 28th, 2005, 01:26 PM
i use Pine

jsimmons
June 28th, 2005, 01:31 PM
I have my email printed out by a 3rd party and snail-mailed to me.

garnertr
June 28th, 2005, 01:31 PM
I just switched to thunderbird, so far so good.... filters are slowly getting set up for my 180+ e-mails a day, but its getting there....

Anyone know how to turn on filtering so that it is automatic??? Right now I have to click Tools | Run Filters????

thanks!

sapo
June 28th, 2005, 02:37 PM
used thunderbird in the past.. but my mail box was becoming too large.. 600MB+ so now i m just using the gmail webmail :grin:

jazzabelle
June 28th, 2005, 03:41 PM
It's Thunderbird and Gmail for me.

MemoryDump
June 28th, 2005, 04:47 PM
gmail all the way for me.. I have both my personal and business emails going to that mailbox.. nice and quick.. and can be reach from anywhere! IMAP support would be nice.. but I'm sure that'll show up eventually..

-MD :P

dakira
July 5th, 2005, 02:06 AM
I use pine for my IMAP account (i,e, university account) because it's fast and handy and works perfect in the shell.

For everything else I use Opera Mail (formerly called M2), the inbuilt email client of the Opera Browser. As to why.. I use it because it is where gmail got its ideas from (search, dont's sort). All email is in one huge folder and get's automatically assigned to "views". So you can view you mail by contact, by attachments, by mailinglist-subscription a.s.o.. Never had to create any folders..

dakira

tread
July 5th, 2005, 02:21 AM
I use Opera Mail too .. it is really very convenient.

Kvark
July 5th, 2005, 02:29 AM
Webmail all the way for me.

My old ISP blocked all email servers except their own "to protect the users against spam". And their own email servers didn't work with IMAP. So webmail was the only choice that worked well when checking email both from home/school/friends.

My current ISP allows me to use email servers but after getting used to webmail... To need a special program just to check your mail feels about as akward to me as to need a special program for [insert any other type of website].

CoriolisSTORM
July 5th, 2005, 02:31 AM
I use Thunderbird and Gmail as well.

A-star
July 5th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Thunderbird here, I like it better then Evolution.
Plus it was easier to migrate from windows where I also used it.

doc_holiday
July 5th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Thunderbird does everything I need

knewbix
July 5th, 2005, 11:17 AM
I use Kmail. I don't use that account for much so it's all I need (occasional emails from my ISP). I use gmail for the vast majority of stuff. Thunderbird seemed pretty good when I briefly tried it too.

defkewl
July 5th, 2005, 06:41 PM
I use thunderbird. It's efficient though functional :-D