PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Takes a Poke at Microsoft/Windows and Linux (community)

Aifel
May 20th, 2007, 02:47 AM
In Super Paper Mario, in case you haven't noticed or just don't have the game or a Wii, when you fight the 1st boss, he gives you some pretty funny dialogue. A movie of it can be found at http://youtube.com/watch?v=cKWtD72KHxQ.

In the latest Nintendo Power, in the "Geek Chic" section, one of the so-called "models" is wearing a (pink) fanny pack. Nintendo says this about the fanny pack wearing model.

"Some folks can pull off the fanny-pack look (people in the Linux community, for example), but we're pretty sure that the leather vest/jammies/hairy chest/fanny pack combo is a fashion no-no."

By the description, you can tell that he does not look anything like a sane human being. If I could grab a pic of it, it would be alot better.

Discuss.

jpeddicord
May 21st, 2007, 12:03 PM
Yep, I've seen (and own) both. And I can tell you that there are a lot more Windows jokes in the rest of Super Paper Mario than just that one. ;)

Attached is a screencap of those who don't want to find it in the Youtube video.