PDA

View Full Version : ms money replacement

sailingboarder
May 19th, 2007, 07:24 PM
i'm looking for a program similar to microsoft money in which i can manage my finances

what programs would you all suggest

all i'm really looking for is something that i can track my expenses and incomes with

Kingsley
May 19th, 2007, 07:29 PM
I heard Gnucash was good.

spottraining
May 19th, 2007, 07:29 PM
http://www.gnucash.org/

sudo apt-get install gnucash

sailingboarder
May 19th, 2007, 07:56 PM
thanks
i'll give that one a try

Adamant1988
May 19th, 2007, 08:02 PM
thanks
i'll give that one a try

GNUcash is fairly advanced and seems to me more like double-entry accounting software than it does a personal finance manager. Perhaps KMyMoney would be more up your alley?

owise1
May 20th, 2007, 01:30 AM
I use Gnucash daily to manage my share portfolio and find it very easy once you get your head around the double entry accounting. Online prices work very well but the reports take a bit of work.

Cheers

theicyj
May 20th, 2007, 01:37 AM
Another good application that I would recommend is Grisbi (http://www.grisbi.org/) (it is in the repos). The thing I like about this program, compared to gnumoney or kmymoney, is that it is cross-platform so you won't be stuck to any single os (Not like any other ones are worth using anyways ;)).

mistergq
May 20th, 2007, 03:10 AM
I would recommend KMyMoney

jeffreyldavidson
May 20th, 2007, 03:26 AM
I suggest give Moneydance a try. The one thing I missed the most leaving ******* was Quicken. Since using Moneydance now for the past year I don't know if I would go back. It is a nice program although not free. However, you only pay for it once, the yearly update are free...not like Money or Quicken where you had to buy a new version to upgrade each year. I believe the cost is $35. Check it out.

owise1
May 22nd, 2007, 10:00 PM
MoneyDance is available for a free trial - try it before you buy as it was really a pretty crappy product. Better FOSS alternatives