PDA

View Full Version : Norwegians rock! It's on Slashdot :)

tread
June 27th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Open file formats in Norway (http://www.andwest.com/blojsom/blog/tatle/agenda/2005/06/27/Norwegian_Minister_Proprietary_Standards_No_Longer _Acceptable_in_Communication_with_Government.html)

This is good, more of this and Microsoft will have to move towards open standards.

rockmusic88
June 27th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Why can't all governments be like this?

Lunde
June 27th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Open file formats in Norway (http://www.andwest.com/blojsom/blog/tatle/agenda/2005/06/27/Norwegian_Minister_Proprietary_Standards_No_Longer _Acceptable_in_Communication_with_Government.html)

This is good, more of this and Microsoft will have to move towards open standards.
Great, now I only wish for some real summer up here

tread
June 27th, 2005, 11:31 PM
Great, now I only wish for some real summer up here

Hehe .. I know what you mean :) I'm in Duluth, Minnesota ..
There are a lot of people of Scandinavian origin here .. I think the weather attracted their great-great-...-grandparents .. prolly reminded them of home :)

sapo
June 27th, 2005, 11:38 PM
cool...

brazil have a lot of projects to use open source.. but we still dont have the power to said to the big us companies..:

"to hell with your proprietary softwares"

being a third world country its not easy... ](*,)

Lunde
June 27th, 2005, 11:42 PM
cool...

brazil have a lot of projects to use open source.. but we still dont have the power to said to the big us companies..:

"to hell with your proprietary softwares"

being a third world country its not easy... ](*,)
Still you got summer at least

sonny
June 27th, 2005, 11:52 PM

Well I wish all goverments realized the advantages of OpenFormats, and OpenSource Proyects, you're lucky now, perhaps when I'll become president of Mexico I'll kick the a***s of M$ :-P

sapo
June 28th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Still you got summer at least

today is 15C and i feel like freezing here :|

Seti
June 28th, 2005, 02:15 AM
Hehe .. I know what you mean :) I'm in Duluth, Minnesota ..
There are a lot of people of Scandinavian origin here .. I think the weather attracted their great-great-...-grandparents .. prolly reminded them of home :)

Hey, I'm just a few hours drive north-east of you and it is crazy-hot here right now. (thunderstorms tonight, I suspect you'll get them too)

Thunder Bay has the biggest population of Finlanders outside of Finland, so your theory might have some truth to it.

And yes, proprietary file-formats really suck. Way to go Norway! :smile:

Ride Jib
June 28th, 2005, 03:16 AM
Like someone wisely pointed out... Microsoft will just develop a Norweigan only version of Office, and inflate the price of that dramatically. Until numerous heavy-hitting countries make these same demands, it's just going to be more of the same.

Good old MS, making you pay for your data. [-X ](*,)

skoal
June 28th, 2005, 04:00 AM
Why can't all governments be like this?
Because it's much funner crushing your citizens.

I for one welcome my new Norwegian overlord Prime Minister! Hail Meyer! Hail Ming!

\\//_

Lunde
June 28th, 2005, 09:34 AM
16C here, will be 24C during the day, Summer is finally starting! NICE!