PDA

View Full Version : Beryl Issues - Did I Break It?

ThePickler
May 18th, 2007, 06:31 PM
So far I've had a great time using Ubuntu Wubi Edition and still having access to my NTFS Windows. What more could I possibly want?

Dell Inspiron 1100 Laptop
64mb Integrated Chipset Intel 845g
Pentium 2.4gh processor
512 mb RAM

Despite the fact I have a fairly low end system I figured I could still use most of the Beryl features. After installing Beryl for the first day or so everything worked perfectly. I got the cool Emerald them and the jiggly windows and flashy movements and rotating windows.

However, when I later booted up that day I discovered that although I still had some of those features I had lost the ability to move windows from their now locked positions much less jiggle them with an emerald theme. I tried editing the settings through Beryl Manager and choosing different video modes without success. I was forced to ctrl alt backspace out of it so I could get the default window functions.

I finally tried using the Synaptic manager to reinstall the Beryl files and restarted but I still had the same results. Is there anyway I can get the Beryl back I loved?

Thanks.

ThePickler

ThePickler
May 18th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I think the problem has resolved itself.

I discovered that there may have been a problem with the theme not so much Beryl. The theme itself had become invisible so I could not actually see what I had to grab onto. When I went back into Compiz and changed the theme it worked!

It may have something to do with having an integrated chipset pos.

LegoAddict
May 19th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Yeah, Beryl is a tricky little monster. It completely borked my install once, and I had to reinstall.

But I'd recommend asking the people at the Beryl forums if you have any more troubles. They're much more likely to be experts than we are ;)