PDA

View Full Version : Something weird in gnome. Anyone else notice this?

PatrickMay16
May 17th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Sometimes, while using gnome, an icon flies across the screen, like they do when you drag an icon and drop it somewhere it can't go and flies back to where it was before. It's rare, but it happens now and then. I've noticed this for almost a year now. Has anyone else noticed this? Anyone know why it happens?

compmodder26
May 17th, 2007, 09:24 PM
:confused: Never happened to me before.

forrestcupp
May 17th, 2007, 09:25 PM
It must be a virus

Ozor Mox
May 17th, 2007, 09:29 PM
You aren't imagining it.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=391427

I haven't seen this myself however.

FuturePilot
May 17th, 2007, 11:20 PM
I've never seen that before. Really weird.

ComplexNumber
May 17th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Sometimes, while using gnome, an icon flies across the screen, like they do when you drag an icon and drop it somewhere it can't go and flies back to where it was before. It's rare, but it happens now and then. I've noticed this for almost a year now. Has anyone else noticed this? Anyone know why it happens?
i've noticed that too. its where you've attempted to drag and drop an object, but it hasn't been successful.

Ateo
May 17th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Maybe you need an exorcist? =P

i've noticed that too. its where you've attempted to drag and drop an object, but it hasn't been successful.

Actually, he said 'it's like that'.. But it's random.

konungursvia
May 17th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Also, an annoying thing about firefox for linux with its tabs, is when you just click on tabs to pull to front, if your hand moves at all, it thinks you're trying to cut and paste the url, and you get a plus sign L+] on the mouse pointer, and the next thing you click on, even the taskbar, it tries to use that url. In xp, with the same mouse, firefox does not do this.

ComplexNumber
May 17th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Actually, he said 'it's like that'.. But it's random.
yes, i know. i read what he said. but thats exactly what it is.

Happy_Man
May 17th, 2007, 11:55 PM
It's not a bug, it's a feature! :razz:

Polygon
May 18th, 2007, 01:09 AM
that happened to me a lot on dapper, but it seemed to dissapear in edgy/feisty for me.

guitarmaniac
May 18th, 2007, 06:44 AM
Yeah I've had it happen before (in Feisty), it looks like your trying to drag and drop something, but you haven't.
It only ever happens for me in Firefox.
I've since reinstalled Feisty and it hasn't happened since *touches wood*

guitarmaniac
May 18th, 2007, 06:46 AM
BTW, Im not superstitious :p

jjbean
May 18th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Thank you for this thread. I really thought I had lost it when it happend. I told my wife "watch this". At which point it wouldn't do it. She just looked at me funny.

pmj
May 18th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Yup, it happens every now and then.