PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 Release Date Officially Announced - Sep 25

user1397
May 17th, 2007, 12:59 AM
It's official. Now I just have to wait a few more months to get it...

How many of you are going to buy it/are playing it already on the beta?

starcraft.man
May 17th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Hmmm, Halo eh? Only way I get it is if they port it to windows XP (which since 2 is vista only, won't be happening) so no, I'm not likely to play it at all. I doubt I'll be missing much, I dunno... I always wondered about Halo. Played the first one, and while I really liked it compared to a lot of lacklustre shooters out there (the audio was stellar and the physics really worked), I dunno, I didn't feel super wowed. I mean I understand why people liked it, it was polished and they fixed a lot of very stupid mistakes a lot of other shooters made. Maybe I'm getting picky about my games, maybe I'm just loosing my interest in shooters... oh well, I digress not getting game or beta >.>.

Oh and I don't have an xbox anyway... not only am I a sony guy, since I'm now linux, don't think I should be supporting their console, just doesn't feel right >.>. Besides, if I ever get a PS3 I can flash Ubuntu onto it :D

On a related note though, if this project (http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070424-project-aims-to-bring-dx10-gaming-to-xp-linux-os-x.html) ever gets fully working, I may give it a shot in 2009/10 when vista gets a port.

Ender Black
May 17th, 2007, 02:04 AM
Hmmm, Halo eh? Only way I get it is if they port it to windows XP (which since 2 is vista only, won't be happening) so no, I'm not likely to play it at all. I doubt I'll be missing much, I dunno... I always wondered about Halo. Played the first one, and while I really liked it compared to a lot of lacklustre shooters out there (the audio was stellar and the physics really worked), I dunno, I didn't feel super wowed. I mean I understand why people liked it, it was polished and they fixed a lot of very stupid mistakes a lot of other shooters made. Maybe I'm getting picky about my games, maybe I'm just loosing my interest in shooters... oh well, I digress not getting game or beta >.>.

Oh and I don't have an xbox anyway... not only am I a sony guy, since I'm now linux, don't think I should be supporting their console, just doesn't feel right >.>. Besides, if I ever get a PS3 I can flash Ubuntu onto it :D

On a related note though, if this project (http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070424-project-aims-to-bring-dx10-gaming-to-xp-linux-os-x.html) ever gets fully working, I may give it a shot in 2009/10 when vista gets a port.

I don't see where enjoying linux on your computer != enjoying the goodness of console gaming. Love or hate Microsoft, I defy you to point me to a better online gaming experience. Xbox Live is just too polished. Sure, you may have to mute that annoying under-parented 10 year old screaming obscenities that make even my ears bleed, but by far and large it is second to none.

Polygon
May 17th, 2007, 02:48 AM
i dont mind the xbox, but i hate it that they are making halo 2 for the pc vista only. darn them and their marketing schemes.

i imagine this will be another day full of kids ditching school and riots trying to get their hands on a copy...

mrgnash
May 17th, 2007, 04:44 AM

This always gets me; the perception that Sony is somehow a more ethical company than Microsoft.

Anyway, I'll be getting Halo 3. I don't currently own a 360, but I'll get one when Mass Effect comes out most likely... to me that's a better option than buying Vista, and then still not getting to play games like these until months, or even years later.

ThenonS
May 17th, 2007, 11:54 AM
well if the alky project works then I would give it a shot XD

I`ve played halo on the p.c for ages, and never once touched an xbx to go on lie so can`t rly say much about that. To me though Halo is a great game and I think they would have polished Halo 2 to the point you could see your own face in it.

If this alky project works you can garentee to see me playing halo 2 on linux :)

bastiegast
May 17th, 2007, 12:00 PM
I think wine will work sooner

ghosting0
May 17th, 2007, 12:01 PM
I will definitely be buying a copy and I will definitely not be at college on that day...make that a week...maybe longer ;)

zugu
May 17th, 2007, 01:22 PM
I could never play a shooter on a console controller. It's just doesn't feel right. Gimme a mouse and keyboard and let me play!

Can't wait to buy Halo 2 for PC! \\:D/

(Yes, I have bought Vista Home Basic, as it's the only Vista flavor I need - the rest are too bloated for me)

Sunnz
May 17th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Does it work on Linux?

mech7
May 17th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Does it work on Linux?

What do you think it's a game ;)

PriceChild
May 17th, 2007, 02:50 PM
I'm going to be restarting my Xbox Live contract and buying Halo3 the day it is released....

*drools*

Who cares about Gutsy anymore? I want Halo3! :D

Sunnz
May 17th, 2007, 03:36 PM
What do you think it's a game ;)
Well, people do make "PC" games, right?

mech7
May 17th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Well, people do make "PC" games, right?

Yeah but even those usually never make it on linux :)

user1397
May 17th, 2007, 09:04 PM
I'm going to be restarting my Xbox Live contract and buying Halo3 the day it is released....

*drools*

Who cares about Gutsy anymore? I want Halo3! :Dhaha, yea, I'll be a bit more excited about halo than gutsy, even though gutsy comes out in october while halo 3 comes out in september.