PDA

View Full Version : gmail

~zoey~
November 15th, 2004, 08:06 PM
I have a couple of gmail invitations to share if anyone is interested.

If so, just leave a private message with your email address.

~zoey~ :grin:

jdong
November 15th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Inappropriate for the support forum.

~zoey~
November 15th, 2004, 10:23 PM
OK, sorry about that.

zoey :-|

zenwhen
November 15th, 2004, 11:17 PM
I have 18. I can't find anyone to give them to. :-P

~zoey~
November 16th, 2004, 12:03 AM
Well, I'm impressed! I have had one taker so far from my post in the wrong place.

zoey :-P

HiddenWolf
November 17th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Gmail is good.

I subscribed all the mailing lists on my gmail account, and am using their new pop acces to get the mailing lists into Thunderbird, and sort them into folders.

Saves my main account a lot of messages. Means I can use webmail if I'm not at home, without drowning in the mailing lists. :-)

dataw0lf
November 17th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Gmail is the best. There have been the conspiracy theorists out there who spout privacy issues, but if you really want your email private, you wouldn't be using any free email service. Anyone who wants a Gmail account, btw, I have quite a few, just priv msg me on the forums (or on freenode).
dataw0lf

zenwhen
November 17th, 2004, 10:13 PM
Gmail is awesome for mailing lists.

Magneto
November 17th, 2004, 11:02 PM
i have 12 here lol
i read google's response to the privacy thing- IMO that was a MS attack - they called backing up the servers that hold people's emails a security risk - wtf?

TravisNewman
November 17th, 2004, 11:31 PM
I started routing everything through gmail... anything that would let me forward mail, it now goes into my gmail account. I have a few labels set up, catching things like "ubuntu-users" "Unofficial Ubuntu Linux Forums" and "comment approval" , etc, because I don't want to keep all those... every week or so I pop in and delete everything under those labels. It's pretty sweet.

Sensebend
November 18th, 2004, 11:24 PM
Gmail is awesome for mailing lists. Especially with the search feature! * DROOL *

If anyone wants invites just pm me or /msg me in the irc channel.

BWF89
November 21st, 2004, 03:07 AM
I just got my Gmail account from this guy I know from Gamerplug.com. And it's pretty cool...

EDIT: Now that I have Gmail how do I invite people?

adbak
November 21st, 2004, 03:22 AM
You first have to find someone who would like a gmail acct.

When you do, get their email address, log on to your gmail, and click on the "invite" link, wherever it may be. The directions from then on are pretty self explanatory.