PDA

View Full Version : When is Microsoft dominance gonna end?

the.dark.lord
May 16th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Well, as it is a question of when and not if, I wondered when do you guys think it will end.

eentonig
May 16th, 2007, 07:18 AM
I don't care about it. And I get annoyed when this question gets asked every x days.

For me, they can have dominance as long as they want, as long as I can run whatever I need/want/choose

slimdog360
May 16th, 2007, 07:21 AM
In the age of Aquarius, the age of Aquarius, Aquariusss

Spr0k3t
May 16th, 2007, 07:56 AM
I believe the dominance of Microsoft has already peaked and we are finally over the hill... coasting. People who I've talked to with absolutely no nerd gene in them have asked me questions about mac/linux/windows and the benefits of each without me bringing the conversation up. Not to mention, I see more students handing in ODT files than DOC files for the courses I sub for. Now, when will we see Microsoft owning less than 49% of the controlling desktop market? I don't think that will happen within the next four years due to fear and stupidity.

PatrickMay16
May 16th, 2007, 08:19 AM
I think it could be for another 10 or 15 years. Or maybe if we're lucky, 5.

Feba
May 16th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Dominance, probably will be gone in a decade or two, assuming they don't make some huge changes soon.

Existance will probably never go away. They're like cockroaches, or Atari, you can't kill them.